The named compounds are the tyre compounds of the 2020 Formula One season. All slicks and rain tyres are listed. I have summarized the different slick versions (C1, C2 and C3).
- Is ideal for slow and twisty circuits.
- Especially in cold weather, when maximum mechanical grip is needed.
- Benefits from an extremely rapid warm-up time.
- Which makes it ideal in qualifying as well.
- Nevertheless, the tyre degrades quickly.
- Low working range compound.
- One of the most frequently used tyres in the range.
- Striking a very good balance between performance and durability.
- With the accent on performance.
- It is biased towards speed rather than long distances.
- But it is a good choice at the start and in sprint races or rather at the end.
- Medium working range compound.
- Is the most perfectly balanced of all the tyres.
- With an ideal compromise between performance and durability.
- It is extremely versatile.
- They are used on circuits that tend towards high speeds, temperatures and energy loadings.
- High working range compound.
- They are the most versatile of the rain tyres.
- Dispersing approximately 25 litres of water per second at full speed.
- Can be used on a wet as well as a drying track.
- Disperse up to 65 litres of water per second at full speed.
- The most effective solution for heavy rain.
- It is also effective on a drying track.
- Driveable in a wide variety of conditions.
- Was extremely valuable in determining the latest evolutions.