Update 1.4.1 added 15 new achievements. The guide will help you get them!
Achievements Guide (Update 1.4.1)
It’s time for the achievements fans (Since only one was added in 1.4), a total of 15 new achievements were added. They are not complicated.
There are 104 achievements in the game.
- “Defeat the Empress of Light, responsible for all those flashy lights and glitter”.
- Defeat the Empress of light.
The Empress of Light is summoned by killing Prismatic Lacewing, a rare critter that spawns in the surface Hallow at night between 7:30 PM – 12:00 AM once Plantera has been defeated in the current world. The Prismatic Lacewing is detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
- “Defeat Queen Slime, giving the coup-de-grace to the sovereign of all that jiggles.”
- Defeat Queen Slime.
Queen Slime can be spawned by using a Gelatin Crystal in the Hallow (if used outside of the Hallow, nothing will happen and the item will not be consumed). Once used successfully, the item is consumed, and the boss is summoned.
The Gelatin Crystal can be found in the Underground Hallow alongside Crystal Shards, and it spawns in the same way as Crystal Shards.
Don’t Dread on Me
- “Defeat the Dreadnautilus, murderous mollusk lurking beneath the surface of the sanguine seas”
- Defeat the Dreadnautilus.
The Dreadnautilus is a Hardmode enemy summoned by fishing during a Blood Moon. It is one of five enemies that can be summoned by fishing during a Blood Moon in Hardmode, the others being the Wandering Eye Fish, Zombie Merman, and the two other Hardmode-exclusives, the Blood Eel and Hemogoblin Shark. The Dreadnautilus is rarer than the other four Blood Moon fishing enemies, spawning from only 1/10 (10%) spawn attempts on average. It is widely considered the most difficult of these five enemies.
- “Drop a lure in a pool of lava for a pre-fried haul!”
- Fishing in the lava.
Creating a lava net: You can use any fishing rod.
Go to hell and catch a special bait or go fishing with a lava rod, you can use any bait (But this method is difficult, have lawaway rods the chance of getting small).
- “What you’re celebrating doesn’t matter, just throw a party already!”
- Have a party.
Buy a party center from a Party girl and activate it:
- “Encounter a fairy”
- Just meet a fairy.
Meet a fairy who tells you where the treasure is.(The fairy in the caves)
It will be completed over time.
Easy execution: (For the dishonest)
We go to the cheat map, take one of the fairies, release – we get an achievement.
- “Deliver headpats to the town pet”
- Give a home to a city pet.
Interact with it.
Town pets are special town NPCs that appear at dawn (4:30 AM) the day after a pet license item sold by the Zoologist is used. They are not to be confused with pets, which follow the player around. Town pets have distinctive housing assignment banners, and can share houses with another NPC. They count as NPCs for Pylon requirements and for decreasing enemy spawn rates in an area, but are not counted as neighboring NPCs in other NPCs’ happiness calculations, and indeed do not positively or negatively affect the happiness of other NPCs in any way. Unlike other NPCs, town pets have no means of self-defense.
Town pets offer a unique “Pet” option, which places the player directly in front of the pet when selected, and displays a petting animation. The effect is purely visual.
Getting them: (10%/25%/45% completed bestiary)
- “Meet with a tenant who’s as happy as they possibly can be!”
- Make the npc very happy.
Easy execution: put a Wizard, a Party girl, and a Zoologist in the same house in the Holy biome, and then talk to the Party girl.
- “Trick a gnome into turning into stone!”
- Come in a large living tree and to get him to go outside (into the sunlight).
To get this gnome to come out. You can just get into the area of its visibility (So that it runs at you) and run upstairs. Also, sometimes he runs away from you (Personally, I ran away).
Hero of Etheria
- “Repel the strongest forces the Old One’s Army can muster”
- Pass the third stage Old One’s Army.
- “Enter a misty graveyard filled with the surly dead”
- Create a Graveyard.
The Graveyard is a mini-biome that appears when three or more Tombstones are in close proximity. As the number of Tombstones increase, the game colors in the vicinity become gradually more desaturated, and lightning may randomly strike in the background. Graveyards cause Ghosts and Ravens to spawn, as well as night enemies like Zombies, Demon Eyes and Wandering Eyes in Hardmode, even during daytime hours.
A Rather Blustery Day
- Fly a kite on a windy day.
The most easily accessible kite is sold at the zoologist:
Boots of the Hero
- “Obtain the Terraspark Boots, forged from the finest boots of fire and ice”
Make Terraspark Boots
Infinity +1 Sword
- “Obtain the Zenith, the culmination of a journey forged into the ultimate sword”
- Make Zenith.
Dead Men Tell No Tales
- “You were so preoccupied with whether or not you could open the chest that you didn’t stop to think if you should”
- Die from the dead man’s chest.
This is the added (1.4) new gold chest with a big catch.
Easy execution: (For the dishonest)
Go to the cheat map, take the dead man’s chest, explosives, red wires, red wrench.
We put the chest, put explosives next to it, herachim all the wires open the chest – we get an achievement.
The “Tell no tales achievement” requires that you die from opening the chest, not that the chest be naturally spawned.
That whether or not the chest was placed in world gen, or even to the spawning specs (as the one I used just had one block of explosives on a wire), it should work so long as opening it kills you within a couple seconds. The one you made as a replica is cool though!
You need to die in few seconds after clicking trap chest to get this achivement! 😀
Instructions unclear, uninstalled Terraria
but for real, this was pretty helpful