An extremely short guide on the absolute maximum any particular stat or effect can go. This is information not documented in the game so is useful to know but doesn't exactly fit in the scope of most guides.
Attribute Caps and Other Oddities Guide
- Damage mitigation from Armour is capped at 64.5% and includes the bonus from your pet if you are using that perk, but excludes the flat 50% damage reduction when you engage with melee.
- Damage reduction is capped at 90%, possible only on Railmaster with both Level 10 Hammer Spin and hitting a target in melee (or with Hammer Spin itself). While sounding impressive, at the time of writing it is bugged and therefore ironically doesn't reduce damage at all.
- Block is capped at 40% and the pet perk cannot bypass this cap.
- Dodge is capped at 40% and like block, there is no way to bypass this cap.
- Chance to inflict any status effect is capped at 80% per source, so if you have 80% and your pet have 80% chance to inflict anything, that is fine as they are calculated separately rather than one cancelling out the other
- Pet chance to block & dodge seems to be based on the player despite having gear to augment their own stats too. They also share the same cap so you can't get your pet to have over 40% cap for example.
- Minions behave exactly like pets for all calculations including the ability to dodge and block, unlike pets however they will inflict your "on hit" effects only.
- Carry on from the separation between pets and minions, any status effect equipment you give to your pet will override any provided by your own equipment, so if your sword has a chance to blind and you give your pet a tag with a chance to burn, your pet will inflict burn instead of blind.
- Probably a bug but if you pet has the ability to inflict more than one status effect from its own equipment, it won't inflict any at all. Pet gear drops items that can inflict multiple status effects leading me to believe this is a bug as it will happily inflict multiple status effects from your equipment if its own don't inflict any.
- Still not done with pets since gear that make pets immune to a damage type, don't work or rather they do work but not as intended since they set the defence value really high making the pet effectively immune however these collars always offer defence of the type they nullify, so fire immunity also offers fire resistance. Not only is this redundant anyway but it causes a buffer overflow so instead of being immune your pet is extremely vunerable to that element and it will often 1 hit kill your pet.
- Although not stated anywhere, on hit effects can be triggered by any of your attacks, spells, pets, minions, train or most bizarre of all, your damage over time. for example inflicting bleed won't trigger itself on the same target but it will trigger anything else such as slow on hit or blind on hit.
- There is no limit on how many damage increase effects you can stack on any given target, you can however accidentally perform enough damage to cause an overflow.