Some tips that took me some runs to realize:
- Get NPCs, the are a huge help when starting out. You can get gen the cat right away I guess.
- Go to 2nd left house in the village and get cat juice, give it to gen south of the hotel. Now you can recruit him for free.
- In the leftmost house there is also the son of the rich man, he will run off and join you if you die the first time.
- You get some more npcs while playing the story.
- They all keep their level between runs, so you should use them as soon as possible.
- Unlock the points shops asap, so you can get undo herbs to keep you equipment.
- You have to do the pot guy lottery first, for that you need some money. You can return to town if you find an escape scroll, undo herb, etc. Or after you finish a tower, which should be easy if you abuse the npcs to tank for you.
- After you unlocked the points shop you can go with your best equipment every run, you cant lose it anymore with a undo herb in your inventory (costs 70 points, you get much more every run), if you die just select “escape” and your back in town with all your money and inventory.
- Choose weapon/shield combinations that produce an extra effect.
- Upgrade those as much as possible and most important plate them, this can be done by a random npc, scroll or in the 2nd town, after the first 3 towers. Plating keeps their level if you step in those annoying -level traps, after you got your favorite shield and weapon plated they dont affect you anymore.
- When your about to finish the 3rd tower, keep a juicy peach in a preservation pot, you need it in the next town. You get that from a hard peach, just have it in you normal inventory, I goes to normal>juicy>rotten.
- You can sell any item to the pet license guy in town.