Here is a non-necessary guide for all achievements in Umurangi Generation.
How to Obtain All Achievements
This guide is not at all necessary since most of the achievements are relatively self-explanatory. I strongly encourage you to read the achievement description and go hunting for those gorgeous shots. However, in case you are having trouble figuring out the location for a few of them that are not acquired through casual play, here you go.
These are all the achievements that you are guaranteed to unlock by just naturally playing the game.
- Take a photo of your penguin friend.
- Got the Telephoto Lens.
- Got the Wide-Angle Lens.
- Got the Fish Eye Lens.
- Take a photo of the word Gamer 7 times.
- Unlocked naturally on the 4th level, The Strand, by completing the “Gamer 7 times” bounty.
- Take the last photo.
- Unlocked naturally on the final level, Final Delivery, by taking a photo.
These are the not so challenging challenge achievements that require you to complete the entire level to unlock.
- Make a delivery in under 10 minutes.
- Capture all bounties and complete all bonus objects while also making the delivery in under 10 minutes.
There are seven more equipment achievements requiring you to speed run levels. In order they are:
- Got the Flash Box Mod.
- Complete and deliver all bounties and bonus objects on Mauao View in under 10 minutes.
- Got the Dirty Lens.
- Complete and deliver all bounties and bonus objects on Otumoe Tai in under 10 minutes.
- Got the Auto Focus Mod.
- Complete and deliver all bounties and bonus objects on Walled City in under 10 minutes.
- Got the Sports Lens.
- Complete and deliver all bounties and bonus objects on The Strand in under 10 minutes.
- Got the Fire Select Mod.
- Complete and deliver all bounties and bonus objects on Contact in under 10 minutes.
Ultra Wide Angle
- Got the Ultra Wide Angle Lens.
- Complete and deliver all bounties and bonus objects on Karangahake in under 10 minutes.
- Got the Macro Lens.
- Complete and deliver all bounties and bonus objects on Subway in under 10 minutes.
These are miscellaneous shots tied to achievements. The achievement will pop the moment you get the shot; abandoning the delivery does not affect it.
- Get a shot of the Jets flying overhead.
- On the 1st level, Mauao View, you need to get a shot of the jets that fly overhead. Wait for about a minute, and they will pass directly over you. You can get a photo of them flying away towards the ocean between the sun and Mount Mauao.
- Take a photo with 3 different birds in it.
- There are a couple of spots you could get a shot with three birds a hawk, a pigeon, and the Penguin Homie.
The first is on the 1st level, Mauao View. Once you unlock either the wide or fish eye lens, you will be able to get a nice shot of the birds while standing on the wall directly right of the starting point Either follow the wooden beams up to it or jump up to it using the quarter pipe. You might be able to get the shot with a standard lens by double jumping into the air from the wooden beam at the very top, but I could not get it to trigger this way.
The other opportunity is on the 3rd level, Walled City. If you position yourself behind your friends against the wall on the right side of the sewage pool, you can angle a wide or fish eye lens shot to get all three.
- Take a close by photo of a Pizza Roll meal.
- On the 2nd level, Otumoe Tai get a shot of the Pizza Roll military meal sitting next to the group of three guys smoking. You will probably get this by accident going for the "3 Lit Cigarettes bounty."
- Take a photo of the Hidden Pyramid in Katikati.
- On the 3rd level, Walled City, you will find a pyramid made up of cinderblocks at the back of a long broken-down burnt bus? train? rectangular prism with windows in the upper and central part of the level. It is directly above the starting point.
- Take a photo of 2 cigarettes on The Strand using the Telephoto lens.
- On the 4th level, The Strand, at the start directly to the right, you will see someone sitting on a bench smoking. Get a telephoto shot of both this person and another person sitting down the street within the same photo.
- Take a photo of 5 spray cans using the Wide Angle Lens.
- On the 4th level, The Strand, make your way to the bottom hallway, which has spray cans everywhere. Get a wide angle photo with at least five spray cans in it. You will probably get this by accident going for the "4 Spray Cans" bounty.
- Bring up the exposure of a photo of the 'thing' in the shadows on Contact.
- On the 5th level, Contact, get a shot of the thing taking fire in the distance. While editing the photo, turn the exposure up.
- Take a photo of the mystery pentagram using the Telephoto lens.
- On the 6th level, Karangahake, get a telephoto shot of the pentagram. It is directly behind the level starting position.
- Take a photo of the showdown on Invasion.
- On the 7th level, Invasion, get a shot of the battle between the "thing" and the three giant robots. I used a fish eye lens to capture all four within a single shot.