A timeline walkthrough for the 'Expert Rescuer I' achievement for 'Evacuate all passengers in the first city on expert difficulty'.
Expert Rescuer I Achievement Guide
Timeline Walkthrough for Expert Rescuer I
Here is a timeline walkthrough for the 'Expert Rescuer I' achievement for 'Evacuate all passengers in the first city on expert difficulty'.
Please note that I take advantage of what I consider an exploit, which in turn makes the run heavy on micro-management.
Build a counterclockwise route as shown, omitting the northwest city. Buy a train with the $12500 speed-25 pull-1200 locomotive and 5 of the $2200 speed-25 weight-200 passenger wagons. Place it where it will pick up passengers from the central station without moving much.
- Use the central station because it's closest to the evacuation station and will thus take the least time to transfer its load of passengers.
As soon as the train has dropped its load (when the last '+1875' floats up from the train), buy and add a last passenger wagon. Exploit incoming! Click on the train editor button to close it, then to open it again. Hold down the <Ctrl> key while dragging the train with the mouse to place the train back at the central city.
Dragging a train dumps its passengers, but a just-emptied evac train has none!
When you have the money to start a second train, place it just behind the first above the central station. Expand it as more money comes in. Keep dragging trains to board passengers from this station.
'Unlock high speed two level locomotives and wagons'.
Click on a just-emptied train, sell it and replace it with a new one: 1 $12500 speed-35 pull-1200 locomotive and 6 $3000 speed-25 weight-200 passenger wagons.
Repeat with the other train.
Build a new route as shown, omitting the central city. It will have to be counterclockwise because it shares track with the current CCW route.
- Start dragging trains to the northwest city now.
- Build one more new train.
Start buying '-10% of passenger boarding time' upgrades.
I believe passengers stop arriving at the central station now. Clean it out with some of your trains, then return them to draining the northwestern station.
As soon as the last train carrying passengers from the northwest has emptied itself, you can either start buying trains instead of dragging them, or you can delete the routes and replace one of them with a clockwise route, because you want to go the reverse direction now that the last remaining station is closer to the evacuation point when it loops that way. The former is probably the easiest -- you have enough money for maybe 5 more trains by now, and nothing else to spend it on.
- I combined the choices by reversing the direction of the inner loop and buying 2 more trains for it so I could stop dragging them.
- Delete the routes (not the tracks) and make a new clockwise one.
- Click on the train editor, then click on the little buttons to move the trains into the 'depot'.
- Click on the locomotives and wagons (they now have little coin symbols beside them) to place the 3 trains (5, for me) at the eastern station or waiting behind it.
- Resume time (and turn the speed all the way up if you're done dragging).
Success! Tedious exploitative success, to be sure, so I would be happy if someone comes up with a better way so I can delete this guide. Ad int: it's done; I'm moving on.