Discussing possible strategies and giving a list of handful tips to help you win your games Consistently.
Tips and Tricks
First of all, this game has a big learning curve, so please be patient!
This guide will not teach you the fundamentals of the game nor how to properly pvp since there are multiple youtube videos out there covering this topic. Instead we will focus on some handy tips and strategies that you can implement to have a bigger chance to win your games.
Tips for Beginners
1. As a survivor try to be a leader
Try to organize everyone in order to complete first objective as fast as possible. Avoid splitting survivors up and instead form a big group that’s gonna follow you around to go bunker hunting. If the objective needs parts, make sure you ask everyone what they are carrying after leaving a bunker. If you have difficulty memorizing type it in chat. If someone leaves a bunker without any parts be careful they are probably evil. When all the required components are gathered and you are about to deposit them to the power station try to check in between everyone just in case someone tries to steal any parts. If you are a few parts sort make sure you stay and guard while a fellow teammate hopefully crafts them. When first objective gets complete make sure you have at least 1 or 2 people you can trust.
2. As a traitor try to cause chaos over little things
Did someone steal your berry? Did someone punch you accidentally?
Try and blame them out loud so nearby survivors get suspicious.
To take this a step further you can try and frame a specific person…
This can be done in many ways such as:
- ”I saw X steal parts from the power station”
- ”I saw X drop poisonous food inside the cabin”
- ”I saw X open up this traitor crate” etc…
Be mindful though
Don’t over push the situation and find yourself killed / exiled, if you see they are not falling for your bluff, then stop trying.
3. As an ID Thief try to stay hidden
- I’ve seen countless newbies claim id thief at the start of the game.
- By doing this, they limit themselves into taking a survivor role since no survivor will let you interact with a traitor’s body.
- If the lab is being open and you are scared you are gonna get tested then go ahead and claim id.
4. Don’t trust random ID thief claims
If someone tries to claim ID when they are down they are probably lying and shouldn’t be trusted. ID can go either side so it’s never a bad idea to get rid of him.
Tips for Intermediates
1. Never leave bear traps lying around
Bear traps are one of the most overpowered items in the game for what they cost and what they provide. If used correctly, they are a very fun and effective win condition since you can basically kill anyone, regardless of their hp, without taking a single hit. I can not stress this enough, but please if you have bear traps placed in a certain area and you are forced to leave for whatever reason I suggest you trigger them and pick them back up. Its important, especially if you are a traitor, that the enemy doesn’t trigger them while you’re gone because it’s the only trap that can be used against you.
2. Keep your warmth and food levels as high as possible
I know this might seem obvious, but the amount of times I’ve seen people freezing or starving during a big fight is concerning. That doesn’t necessarily mean they are bad, but its very easy to miscalculate how much food or warmth you will ”Consume” before returning to cabin. Don’t greed for resources if you are not in a position to fight. Keep in mind that a sheep traitor will Constantly feed the wolf with information such as:
- ”X is freezing he’s not going to be a threat”
- ”X is starving, I can take him out with my melee”
3. Keep your distance and watch your surroundings during a fight
I know aiming at the traitor’s face can be distracting sometimes but that gives a great opportunity for the ”sheep” traitor to take you down. Make sure you space out from everyone during a fight and stay close to nearby objects (such as cabin signs or bunkers) to dodge incoming bullets.
4. Approaching an already started fight in the early game [Survivor]
If a fight has broken out while you were away try to find out what’s going on. Down all players that took part in the fight, if possible, and hear their stories. Most often I just kill anyone that took part in the fight unless traitors were super obvious. It’s a big risk to revive everyone as you give the traitors a second chance to comeback into the game.
5. Did your traitor buddy make a bad call and is asking you to back him up?
If the play doesn’t look good at all don’t even try please. Don’t get yourself caught because of your teammate’s actions unless you know they are good enough at the game to still get the win.
If your teammate dies early don’t give up without a fight regardless of how bad things are looking.
Try to isolate the survivors one by one or just go around the map looking for traitor boxes. Game is not over.
6. Use the poison crossbow on downed players
Shooting downed players with a poison crossbow will greatly reduce the time they have if you were to finish them normally.
If you don’t have a poison crossbow punch the downed player to death so you don’t make as much noise as you normally would by smacking him with your melee.
1. Backpack + 3 meds + 3 smokes [aprox 5-6 mins to make assuming you craft a sickle]
Really good for any role except wolf traitor.
- You never die to traitors unless you mess up even if you get hit by a tranq or poison crossbow.
- If you are medic you can use your smoke and then your ability to revive your teammates without the traitor seeing.
- You can also throw a smoke and use a med kit although good players will expect you to heal up.
- You leave your teammates and objective hanging for a whole 6 minutes. If the objective is digging you completely rely on your teammates to come back alive with parts or else you will most likely lose.
- If someone else is going for the same strategy it’s gonna take way longer.
You can speed this up if you steal some gas or mech from a bunker your team opened but if it’s required for the power station pls don’t.
2. Backpack + 3 smokes + 3 bear traps [aprox 3.5 mins assuming you craft a pickaxe]
The goal of this strat is to put down a smoke and then a bear trap to scare away the traitor, If they carelessly try to attack you can hopefully bait them to your traps. Although, usually when they hear the trap sound they are going to back off.
Really good for survivors / id thieves.
- You will never die to a traitor in a melee fight.
- You can kill anyone without taking a single hit.
- Bit faster than the med kit strat but not as flexible.
- Any traitor with at least 1 brain cell won’t come near you.
- Dangerous for your fellow teammates if you are a survivor.
- Vulnerable to guns.
3. Backpack + 3 med kits + 3 smokes + 3 bear traps [aprox 8 minutes assuming you craft a sickle]
This is usually a bit of an over kill but if your team is competent enough to complete first without you then go for it I guess.
Really good for id thieves, meh for survivors.
- You are literally immortal.
- You have the possibility to take down traitors alone.
- You raise a lot of suspicion on you.
- Limited inventory space.