Arma Reforger exclusively uses Directx 12. But, there is a workaround to run Arma Reforger on your PC with old graphics cards that don’t support DirectX feature level 12_1 or so. In this guide, I will explain how to play Arma Reforger with your DirectX 11 GPU.
Guide to Play Arma Reforger on DirectX 11 Graphics Card
For unfortunate people who haven’t upgraded from a 750 ti or similar hardware that does not support DirectX 12 (which Arma Reforger is dependent on “”exclusively””), but we are going to do a work around regarding that.
- First, go to this folder location where Windows is installed on your PC and inside System32 folder: C:\Windows\System32
From this C:\Windows\System32 folder copy these two files – D3D12.dll and D3D12Core.dll
- Go to your Arma Reforger installation folder and paste the above two files in this same folder. Rename the D3D12.dll file to D3D12_original.dll.
- Now, download a file called “01_release_binaries_debug.zip” from here and save it on your PC.
- Right click on “01_release_binaries_debug.zip” and extract all the files. You will get 4 files, namely d3d12.dll, d3d12.exp, d3d12.lib, d3d12.pdb.
- Copy/Move all these 4 files to the Arma Reforger installation folder. Finally, launch the game by double-clicking the exe file from the installation folder.