Guide to Common Issues
If you have performance issues solo and/or coop mode, we have some solutions that could surely improve your performances:
From inside game
- Adjust game options, to do this > Options > Graphics. There you can set “Light quality” on “Disabled” and “Game effects” on “Better performances”.
From outside game
- Update your graphics card drivers.
- Set your graphics card to “Performance Mode” (or equivalent) if the option exists.
- These settings vary per graphics card manufacturer, but generally you can set the mode per application.
- Make sure Astral Ascent (which may be listed as “nwjs”) is set to Performance Mode.
- Many laptops have a dual-graphics card setup, e.g. both an integrated card and a discrete card and can switch between them to improve battery life or performance.
- Figure out which one your laptop is using and switch to the discrete card.
- This may be listed as “gaming mode” or similar, depending on your system.
- The game can have problems if the resolution is too high, look at your screen resolution and set a lower resolution (the recommended resolution is 1920×1080).
- If you have a monitor with a high refresh rate (100/120/165 Hz…), reduce it to 60 Hz.
- If you have multiple monitors, turn them off.
Keep in mind that the game is in Early Access and we’re doing everything we can to improve and correct these problems quickly! The game will be ported with a much more optimized exporter in the months to come.
Remote Play Together Issues
If you want to play online co-op, you can thanks to the Steam Remote Play Together feature. However for now we have issues with sound for player joining, we are investigating this issue even if we are unsure to be able to fix it.
In the meantime we recommend you to use Parsec app which works fine with Astral Ascent.
Loading Screen Crash
If you get a crash during the game loading screen, try updating your video and audio drivers.