Frequently Asked Questions
What is Backpack Hero?
- Backpack Hero is the inventory management roguelike! Collect rare items, organize your bag, and vanquish your foes! If you like dungeon crawlers or puzzle games, you should try Backpack Hero!
How do I find my save files?
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\TheJaspel\Backpack Hero
When will Backpack Hero be released?
- The game will be released into Early Access on August 15th 2022. The full game will be released on April 2023.
Is there a demo for Backpack Hero?
- You can play the demo on Itch.io or through Steam! It’s available now! But the full game has lot more content and many bug-fixes!
What are the planned platforms?
- Backpack Hero is available on Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux. It will be coming to other platforms, including Nintendo Switch soon.
What was the inspiration for Backpack Hero?
- Backpack Hero started out as a card game where the placement of the cards was important. Over time this concept evolved into an Inventory Management game!
Who is working on Backpack Hero?
- Team Backpack is…
- TheJaspel is the lead developer.
- GangsRobin does art and game design.
- Binary Counter does music and sound design.
- Full credits in game!
How was Backpack Hero created?
- Backpack Hero was built on Unity.
Will there be achievements?
- Definitely! We will set up achievements and trading cards shortly after our Steam release!
Is there controller support?
- The game already runs well on the Steam Deck with custom bindings. Full controller support and touch-screen support are being worked on.
How does “luck” work?
- Luck is your chance of finding rare items. Luck does stack.
- Every time an item is discovered (including “reorganize now” items), a random number is chosen. The higher the number, the better the rarity. When you find an item, other item rarities become likely to be found. So if I find an uncommon item, rare and legendary items become more likely. Once I find an item of a certain rarity, my luck for that rarity is reset to 0 and I need to rebuild luck for that rarity. Getting “luck” from an item, increases your chances for all rarity types.