Tips to Complete Campaigns and Obtain Achievements
Quick hotkeys that will save you loads of time
How to skip the long cinematic intro sequences:
- Press the menu button (Escape) once or twice to reset the camera and reveal the start button.
How to reset the level you’re stuck on without exiting to the menu and restarting all over again:
- Press R.
How to skip the long slow motion sequences and reset the awkward preset camera angles:
- Press any camera button (1, 2, etc.) to reset the camera.
How to get out of that cursed Lua console window with no exit while Shift-tabbing to the Steam overlay (if you know, you know):
- Press Shift + Tilde (~).
Quick tips on the annoying and the BS campaign missions
How to beat the rear-wheel drive driving test (the boat one):
- Yank the handbrake quickly on every corner with the clutch engaged and counter-steer while moderately pressing the throttle (too much and you spin out). In other words, send that bih sideways.
How to beat the first race in the free-roam Utah campaign (the one where you do it for $200 you never actually earn):
- Do not wipe-out right before the first checkpoint at the small cliff above the road. You can go around to get on the road. It took me a minute to figure it out, so just in case anyone else is going through that embarrassment.
How to beat the delivery mission in the free-roam Utah campaign:
- Back up slowly to the trailer to automatically hook it, and then just take the road. There’s no time limit, it’s a simple completion mission.
How to beat that awful off-road race in the free-roam Utah campaign (the one with the tight trenches):
- Get in front, but then take your time entering the trenches to not receive mechanical damage. Your opponent will most likely crash along the way and not pose a threat.
How to beat the first bus mission (the bomb one):
- After you help the passengers get on the rescue truck, take the right-hand exit into the following yellow checkpoint. Easiest choice to take out of all of them.
How to beat the bus mission where you have to follow the car to the studio:
- Just follow them and don’t get in front. Yes, it’s slow af, but there’s no time limit. (Gran Turismo 4 Pace Car moment)
How to beat the bus mission where you have to land on the car:
- You don’t. It takes forever. What helps is to nudge the car right before the hairpin it takes. You don’t get the bonus points from bumping it afterwards, but it slows down enough to where you can fully press on the gas after the hairpin and have higher chances of actually landing on it.