No order to this. Just a bunch of random tips and mechanics.
Tips and Tricks
- If you have issues with grabbing and dropping items then adjust grab and release thresholds in the SteamVR controller settings for the grips.
- I go with 100 for grab and 70 for release.
- Hands get sweaty and it confuses the Index controllers.
- Try pointing a fan at yourself while you play to cool off your sweaty hands.
- Hold thumbstick press to run can damage thumbsticks and it sucks trying to press it at an angle.
- Remap run to another button using SteamVR controller bindings.
Get Grapple Hook ASAP
- Grapple Hook is fast rapid fire so use that to move fast.
- Climbing pick in one have and grapple hook in other hand.
- You can throw yourself with the pick.
- Grapple negates fall damage.
Get sword ASAP and keep it handy
- Seems like sword recharges it’s damage so waggle doesn’t work.
- Look for the sword streaks to know the recharge rate.
- I usually keep a sword on one shoulder and a grapple on the other shoulder.
Long range weapon
- I keep a long range weapon in my backpack.
- The weapon can reload by putting it over your shoulder for a couple seconds.
Main Quest: Focus on your main quest
- Main Quest is how you’ll unlock all the items and progress faster with reward loot.
Sprint button also works while your falling, jumping
- Use sprint to jump and grapple across longer gaps.
- Food or potions can revive friends (Mushrooms, Mangos).
- When feeding self or reviving others bring food close and wait until it turns purple before pressing trigger.
- Everyone has to be together and not downed to end a level.
- Long range grapple: Great way to save yourself from a long fall.
- There are scrolls on your wrists with info and missions.
- You can let a friend borrow equipment by turning off snap to inventory temporarily and dropping the equipment.
- Move with friend. Game is easier if you stick together and go down same vines together.
- Ranged Interact: You can use ranged interact to interact with zip lines, levers, and pick up things at a distance.
- You can dual wield swords for more melee damage.
Be the first to comment