A quick guide on actions you can try to stop crashes.
Guide to Fix Crashes
This is a quick guide for people who are running into issues with trying to run the game. I ran into some problems myself so I thought I’d put together a quick guide on possible solutions you can try.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
You probably tried it but if you haven’t you probably should.
- Right click on the game in your library and hit properties.
- Go to local files.
- Click Verify game file integrity and wait for it to finish.
Update Graphics Drivers
AMD or Nvidia you should probably update your graphics drivers, remember to restart your PC after.
You could also trying running DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) if you really want to make sure your graphics drivers are working properly. Make sure you read all the options and follow best practices if you do end up using it.
You probably already updated your OS but if you didn’t I recommend doing so.
Edit cod.exe Properties
- Navigate to the folder containing your game files.
- Right click on ‘cod.exe’.
- Head to the compatibility tab.
- Check ‘Disable fullscreen optimizations’ and / or ‘Run this program as administrator’.
You could also try running in compatibility mode for Windows 8 but I would not recommend it.
Close High Usage Programs
If you don’t have a mid / high end PC I would recommend closing any other programs that may be using a significant amount of performance. This will probably be their web browser for most people. Other guides all say closing Discord and other such programs helps but it doesn’t really unless you’re on a really low end system and need to squeeze out every last inch of performance from your machine.
You may also want to run an antivirus scan if your running into performance issues. Probably a silly thing to check but it never hurts.
To edit these settings you’re going to need to do a quick dive into your PC’s BIOS. If you don’t know how to do that I recommend looking up a quick tutorial on your specific motherboard but generally they all work pretty much the same.
- Switch your RAM XMP mode to I / II or disable it entirely.
- Disable ‘AI Overclocking’ (not all motherboards have this option).
- Set CPU back to base clock speed.
Hopefully It Works
Hopefully the fixes in here were able to help you out, if so good hunting, if not I wish you the best of luck.
Recommended for You
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II – How to Fix Crash
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II – Lowest Settings Possible / More FPS (Warzone 2.0)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II – How to Fix Stuck on “Checking for Update”
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II – How to Unlock All Emblems and Calling Cards
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II – How to Fix Error Linking Phone