In this simply guide I will teach you how to remove/add your own songs to the game, plus I’ll leave my own custom folder.
Guide to Add Your Own OST
How to Add or Remove Songs
Sadly the score of the game isn’t at par with the gameplay, so I had to customize the music folder by removing most of the OG music and adding my own.
You can add whatever song you want as long as its on .mp3 format, bear in mind than songs in game sometimes start at the middle of it or near the end of it.
- Go to your Distant Worlds 2 music folder (In steam its located at “Steam\steamapps\common\Distant Worlds 2\data\music”).
- Add or remove songs of the following folders:
- Action (I suggest adding the same songs to the 3 folders, High/Medium/low).
AFAIK Exploration sounds when you zoom out in the galaxy view, while Peaceful generally plays when you’re in the system view mode. I don’t know the differences in the action subfolder, some suggest than it depends on the fleet strength or size. I think than Industry reproduces when you zoom into your planet, or you have focused a space ship/building being constructed. Research and ship design are self explanatory.
- Enjoy, add or remove more songs as needed.
PS: There are other folders, one of them reproduces a song when discovering or exploring a ruin, and the other one its the main menu theme (The only one good in my opinion).
Add My Own Custom Music Folder Into Your Game
I’ve decided to add the following OST into the game, I’ve also removed most of the OG DW 2 scores.
- Endless Legend
- Endless Space 2
- Space Orion 2
- Heroic Age
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
These songs affect all the folders previously mentioned in the previous section.
The download its of about 1.1~ gbs. Download link available at OneDrive
- Go to your Distant Worlds 2 data folder (In steam its located at Steam\steamapps\common\Distant Worlds 2\data).
- Delete the “music” folder.
- Unzip the file than you’ve downloaded.
- Play the game and add or remove more songs as desired.