Frequently Asked Questions
The following are examples of commonly asked questions received by community members. Each answer is representative to the current stage of development, and details/ answers are subject to change.
What is Fangs?
- From the mind of Steve “Guinsoo” Feak, Fangs is a 4v4 ever-evolving Action MOBA that focuses on hero specific strategies, where each skillshot is the difference between glory & defeat. Customize your heroes & play-style by unlocking, and alternating hero specific augments. Let your choices spark victory.
What is the lore, and world background of Fangs?
- The Fangs have stood at the center of culture and conflict since their eruption thousands of years ago. With the power to imbue living beings with great power, the enchanted elemental crystals they spread across the land have become the world’s most sought after resource.
- Now, after the Great Calamity, the Fangs’ magic grows unstable and the Fractured Realms teeters on the brink of a new age of arcane upheaval.
Who will forge their legend in this new era of conflict and who will be forgotten?
- It is yet to be decided.
Does Fangs stand for anything?
- Fangs are huge mountains made of elemental magic crystal. Currently, there are 7 elements known: Scorch, Storm, Sea, Gale, Sun, Earth, Ice.
What engine is Fangs being built on?
- Unreal Engine 4.
Is Fangs available for Mac?
- No. At this time, Fangs will only be available for Windows PC.
Is Fangs available for Linux?
- No. At this time, Fangs will only be available for Windows PC.
Is Fangs going to be available for consoles and mobile? If so, will there be crossplay?
- Fangs is currently only available for Windows PC. However, console and mobile ports are very likely for the future, ideally with crossplay compatibility, should our bandwidth allow.
How much will Fangs be?
- Fangs is Free to Play, and will always remain as such.
Where can I download Fangs?
- Fangs will be available for download both through the Steam store, as well as the Epic store.
Do I have to use real money to buy things in the Fangs store, or is there in game currency I can collect?
- Some items within the Fang store will be monetary purchases only. However, there will also be items available for purchase with in game currency.
How can I collect in-game currency?
- You can collect currency by just playing the game! You will obtain currency over time through completing quests, winning matches, leveling up characters, etc.
Are the heroes free, or do I need to purchase them? If so, how much are they going to be?
- The characters can be unlocked with in game currency obtained through playing the game. The characters will not be “for sale” with real currency. The cost to unlock a hero will differ in amount.
What kind of in-game purchases can I expect to see in the Fangs store?
- When the Fangs in-game store has launched, you will be able to purchase cosmetic items, emotes, mounts etc. There will not be any “pay to win” items available for purchase, so no items will change the powers or win conditions of any characters or players.
Will there be some sort of battle pass? What does that look like?
- Yes! We will have a seasonal battle pass. You must purchase the battle pass with real currency, however, you move through the battle pass by obtaining exp through completing quests.
What is the general gameplay loop of Fangs?
- The general loop consists of a face-paced, best 3 of 5 match between two teams of 4. Each team will be assigned a captain, which will alternate between rounds, and the team will need to push the aspect (payload) to the enemy base or kill the enemy captain 4 times. You must work with your team to obtain one of the two win conditions in order to win the round. The first to 3 rounds won – wins the overall match. Games typically take anywhere from 15-20minutes.
What are the different win conditions, and how do they work?
- The two win conditions for Fangs are as follows:
- Captain Win = one team kills the other team’s captain 4 times
- Aspect Win = one team successfully pushes the aspect all the way to the enemy base
What are shards and how do they work?
- Shards act as in round buffs that last for a certain period of time. These buffs will spawn at different places on the map, at random. The 3 different buffs in which a team can obtain throughout a round are:
Spirit Shard – Yellow buff:
- Instant: Reset all basic ability cooldowns and reduce Boons cooldowns by 30 seconds
- Permanent: Cooldown Reduction until death/round end
- Life Shard – Green Buff:
- Instant: Heals all allies
- Permanent: Lifesteal until death/round end
- Aether Shard – Blue Buff:
- Instant: 100% ultimate charge
- Permanent: Players also gain movement speed and Attack Speed until death/round end
What are augments, and how does the augment system work?
- Augments are Fang’s version of items that you would buy during a match of a MOBA. These items help boost your hero’s stats and skills (typically), and must be unlocked over time with in-game currency obtained through playing the game. As there are hero specific augments, players can completely customize the playstyle of any hero. Being able to assess your team’s weak spot against the opposing team comp, and switch to augments you have unlocked to combat it in the next round, is how you will be able to capitalize on the augment system.
Is there solid regional matchmaking? Or can I expect to play with terrible ping?
- At the moment there will be European, South American, and North American queues. Asia is slated to be available later.
Will hero banning be an option?
- As our current hero roster is smaller at this time, there will be no hero banning for now. However as the game grows, we will 100% reconsider this option.
Is a team able to surrender?
- At this time, a team must complete a full match and cannot surrender. If someone leaves a match, they will have a requeue penalty.
Will there be a penalty system for AFK players/ dodgers?
- Currently, there are plans to penalize players for being AFK and leaving/dodging matches both through in-game systems, and via player reports. Help us make Fangs a seamless experience to all players by respecting the game’s rules, and the community’s code of conduct.
Is there a way to report players to the Fangs team?
- The best way to report players is to send a DM (direct message) to the @ModMail Bot associated with the official Fangs Discord server. Please attach a screenshot and a brief explanation of what occurred so that the team can conduct an investigation and take action accordingly.
What is Fangs’ stance with player bans, and what would provoke a ban?
- Fangs has a zero-tolerance stance against toxicity and harassment, both in-game and in official community hubs, like our Discord server. Any violation against the server’s rules or the game’s code of conduct (from toxic behavior, to use of cheats and exploits) can result in a temporary to permanent ban, depending on the severity of the action. Please help us make the Fangs community welcoming and helpful to all players, regardless of skill level.
How and where can I submit my feedback?
- You can reach the devs through Discord! There is a designated channel for Fangs feedback, and yes, we do read every single one. Please share any and all feedback so we can act on reasonable suggestions. Additionally, we send player surveys frequently (usually after major playtests) and they are one of the best ways you can help the game’s development!
How and where can I report bugs?
- Same as feedback, there is a designated Discord channel where folks can report the bugs they found. Please remember to provide a screenshot, or a GIF of what you are referring to if at all possible. This will help our devs recreate the error so they can move forward with the investigation.
What are the minimum system requirements to run Fangs?
- OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4430 or AMD FX-6300.
- Memory: 8 GB RAM.
- Graphics: Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB or AMD Radeon R7 370 2GB.
- DirectX: Version 10.
- Storage: 8 GB available space.
Be the first to comment