If you cant start game then this guide is for you.
That usually happens because Windows User Account Control isn’t letting the game write to your \Documents folder, where the saves are kept.
- Try exiting both the game and the Steam client.
- Then re-starting Steam by right-clicking the icon and selecting “Run as Administrator”.
- Then launch the game normally from Steam – that should give it the rights necessary to save the files to your system.
Every time this happens to me it’s my “Controlled Access Folder” being on that is blocking it.
- Go to Virus and Threat Protection then Virus and Threat Protection settings.
- Scroll down to Controlled Folder Access click and set to off.