Chongyun: Burst Support Build
- 1. Wolf’s Gravestone (5✩)
- 2. Serpent Spine (4✩)*
- 3. Redhorn Stonethresher (5✩)*
- 4. The Unforged (5✩)
- 5. Skyward Pride (5✩)
- 6. Akuoumaru (4✩)*
- 7. Luxurious Sea-Lord (4✩) [R5]
- 8. Lithic Blade (4✩)
- 9. Sacrificial Greatsword (4✩)*
- 10. Blackcliff Slasher (4✩)
- 11. Prototype Archaic (4✩)
- 12. Favonius Greatsword (4✩)
- 1. Noblesse Oblige (2) Blizzard Strayer (2)
- 2. Emblem of Severed Fate (4)
- 3. Noblesse Oblige (2) / Blizzard Strayer (2) / Wanderer’s Troupe (2) / +18% ATK set (2) / Emblem of Severed Fate (2) [Choose Two]
- 4. Noblesse Oblige (4)*
- Sands – ATK% / Energy Recharge / Elemental Mastery
- Goblet – Cryo DMG
- Circlet – Crit Rate / DMG
- 1. Crit Rate / DMG
- 2. ATK%
- 3. Elemental Mastery
- 4. Energy Recharge
- 5. Flat ATK
- 1. Burst = Skill*
Chongyun’s Elemental Burst is calculated as Claymore damage, which means it breaks Geo Structures/ Shields at a much easier rate and can proc shatter.
It is preferred to use Chongyun as a Sub DPS/ Nuke over Main DPS as his Normal Attack scalings are very low, even when including Constellation 1. His Elemental Burst on the other hand hits extremely hard on later constellations and takes a much higher total damage portion over his Normal Attack. On top of that, you can Reverse Melt all 3 hits of his Elemental Burst on enemies applied with strong Pyro, such as Bennett’s Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst.
Chongyun is very niche as he only performs well in certain teams and can completely destroy the other. He is mainly used on a team as an enabler, be it for Reverse Melt teams (e.g. Melt DPS Bennett) or Freeze teams (e.g. Freeze DPS Kaeya). He also does not function well with Physical teams (e.g. Razor, Eula) as it renders his Elemental Skill useless because it converts their Normal Attack damage from Physical to Cryo. They’re usually using a Physical Goblet, so if they got their Normal Attack converted from Physical to Cryo, they won’t benefit from Physical DMG Bonus from the goblet, thus it’s a DPS loss.
At [C2], his Elemental Skill reduces ability cooldown that is casted within the zone by 15%. This is one of the few abilities in the game that can reduce cooldown.
Regarding Weapon Choices:
- Serpent Spine: This weapon outperforms Wolf’s Gravestone if we only look at Chongyun’s damage contribution [5 Stack Assumed]. Wolf’s Gravestone is ranked higher as it provides more teamwide DPS and does not come with the need to acquire stacks before engaging in combat.
- Redstone Thresher: Depending on the amount of ATK% buffs you’re getting, this weapon can overtake Wolf’s Gravestone in personal damage.
- Akuoumaru: At [R1], Akuoumaru beats Luxurious Sea-Lord if Chongyun is used in a team with 260 or greater total team energy. Akuoumaru only beats Luxurious Sea-Lord if [R2] and above otherwise.
- Sacrificial Greatsword: This weapon is your best choice if faced in a situation where you heavily rely on Chongyun’s Cryo infusion uptime.
Regarding Artifact Sets:
- Noblesse Oblige (4): Chongyun is one of the best Noblesse holders since he has low energy requirements for his Elemental Burst.
Regarding Talent Priority:
- Prioritize Elemental Burst on a Melt team as it scales better than his Elemental Skill.
- Prioritize Elemental Skill on a Freeze team to furthermore extend the duration of the Cryo infusion.