Please note: all credit goes to sono himitsu!
A compact small guide with tips I wish I had when I started playing this game.
Tips and Tricks to Survive
What to be weary of while exploring
- Keep an eye on your carry weight. The more Gear or Loot you carry, the slower you walk & sprint. And the faster your Stamina degrades when sprinting.
- When exiting a zone, stick close to the Rope that marks the exit. If you are slightly too far off, it will instead teleport you to aa random spot on the edge of the zone you are currently in.
- The tide will always teleport the player, no matter where in the Radius you are, even if you hide in a shelter.
- Enemies will pin point the last location they saw you or heard noise caused by you.
- Sneaking or crouching does not actually help you staying hidden. Silencers will.
- Look and search room’s thoroughly, look under beds and behind couches, some times you can find hidden goodies.
- Be mindful of the Terrain when advancing in combat. Mimics will utilize cover and push you hard often.
- Use Virtual stock for long ranged shots, like if you need to snipe. It helps a lot with getting a steady aim on long range.
- For long runs, try to bring toilet paper pieces and a cleaning rod with you and spare silencers if you have the money
- The Headlamp is worth every bit, get it as soon as you can.
- You can toss yourself while climbing, high risk, high reward if you need to climb fast. Fall damage is severe however.
- When fighting Spawns (spider like enemy) try to walk in a circle to get it to launch itself in to the floor or a wall, then turn around and shoot it.
- The red or green flashlight makes it easier to spot almost invisible enemy types
- You can not really peak corners, since the game does not support hip tracker. Enemies will see your head and chest when peaking around corners.
- You can drop off any extra supplies at any shelter for later use to resupply on spare weapons or ammo etc. Worth it for exploring areas that hold a lot of enemies.
- Always check your weapons safety and ammo before engaging in combat, especially if you plan on taking on a big compound.
- Prioritize taking out a spawner anomaly, they emit an electric static sound and take 1 shot to kill.
These are some personal tips and suggestions I wish I had when I started playing the game back then.
I hope it may help you to stay alive out there.