Beginners Guide to Maneuver Your Mech Properly
I will keep it short and simple.
- Press “+” on your numpad to deactivate the constant throttle. It will be much easier and precise to operate your mech now. You will have to do this in every battle once at the beginning.
- Press and hold “F” while you maneuver to align your legs with your torso. That way you can easily walk towards where you aim. This is very convenient when walking from checkpoint to checkpoint and especially helpful in battle when you need to turn fast but also have to keep focused on your target.
The game doesn´t tell you this, so I hope this helps.
About Your Teammates
You will need to constantly order your mates around, otherwise they won´t do much.
Press F1 to activate all of them and F1 again to have them engage your target.
Afterwards, activate all of them again and press F2 to make them follow you, otherwise they will often walk off towards the map edge.
This should be enough knowledge to get you through the first battles and gain some experience.
Max Out Your Armor
The mech design capabilities are very limited in this game because hard points are mostly fixed, but it is absolutely important that you max out your armor!
Take out ammo or an entire weapon system and max out the armor, you will need around 70-80% front armor and 20-30% back armor on all your mechs to survive.
Recommended for You
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries – Beginners Guide to Mech Construction Basics
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries – How to Get the most Out of Your AI Pilots
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries – How to Fix FPS Drop While Zoomed
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries – All Mechs & Loot from Quests
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries – System Requirements