This is a high level overview guide for fixing some errors with your computer related to Mount and Blade that some users run into!
This is the order that I followed that helped me
- Make sure your Steam name does not have any special characters like smileys in it
- Close all other applications, Anti-Cheat sometimes will read other apps and freak out
- In your antivirus, I added an exception for the install folder (under steam common installs)
- Updated Windows (Sometimes this makes stuff worse)
- Updated Video Card Drivers (Radeon/GForce Drivers… make sure you only go to a stable version, the latest is not always the best)
- Changed DNS Settings to Google (also ehhhh – I change them back when I am done to my normal DNS Server when I am done)
Check for Issues in Steam
Sometimes installs don’t go the way they need too. You can right click the game in the main library and go to preferences/options and you can scan the game for corruptions/integrity issues. This usually doesn’t fix anything at all but worth a shot.
Network Settings Reset
Sometimes the network is the culprit, you may need to reset your network settings (Open a Command Prompt – you have to open it as administrator)
Basic Network Stuff:
- Make sure IPV6 is disabled in your network settings
- Make sure no VPN Services are enabled
Completing these steps will clear your DNS, IP Address, and Reset your WinSock which is the TCP/IP Stack for your connection. You will have to reboot after this.
ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew netsh winsock reset
Windows Operating System Issues
Lastly, if you have gotten this far you may have issues with your OS but that is iffy sometimes but may be worth looking at. You will want your computer connected to the internet when you run the commands below as they may download files to update/fix your Operating System.
If you have done this but still can’t get it to work, it could be your Operating System having issues. Here are some basics to help clean up broken files – you have to run these commands as an Admin in Command Prompt:
sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
If you are still unable to get into the game and stay in the game, I would suggest looking at your home router/switch equipment. It is tough sometimes troubleshooting but these steps will usually fix most game issues out there but specifically followed for this game it will should work.
Be the first to comment