Guide to Fix the White Screen Issue
Force-disabling vsync fixed it:
- Open Nvidia control panel.
- Go to “Manage 3D settings”.
- Go to “Program settings”.
- Find “NotForBroadcast.exe” (might need to add manually via the “Add” button).
- Find the line that says “vertical synchronization”.
- Turn it off.
- Apply changes.
I have tried all three different branches, with reboots inbetween, with and without codec packs and windows media feature stuff, with all kinds of different settings, none of them worked – but this fixed it for me (on the alternatevideo branch, wouldn’t be surprised if it works with the default branch just fine too)
No clue if this problem is exclusive to Nvidia, if you have a different brand of GPU the steps are of course different.
Just a thing to try out before trying to get a copy&paste response from the devs.