Is it excessive to do an achievement guide for this game? Maybe. Did I get confused by the achievements at first anyway? Yes, so I’m writing one.
How to Obtain All Achievements
Most of these speak for themselves, but let me know if you have any questions or additions!
- Inspect every package in a year without doing any mistakes.
- Do a quick job. I haven’t been able to test what exactly the qualifications for this are, but I think this could be unlocked on both timed difficulties.
- Complete the game with time pressure. Speaks for itself, that’s the hardest difficulty.
This was the part that managed to confuse me. When I finished my second run I had both maximum loyalty to the rebels, as well as all points in the environment, yet only the rebel ending unlocked. So keep in mind you can only unlock 1 ending at a time, and that maximum state/rebel loyalty ending will always take precedence over your taxes!
- Friend of the state: Help the state. You need a positive state loyalty number by letting state packages through and blocking rebel packages. This can be unlocked alongside another ending.
- Real statesman: Help the state in every year possible.
- Against the system: Help the rebels. You need a negative state loyalty number by blocking state packages and letting rebel packages through. This can be unlocked alongside another ending.
- True rebel: Help the rebels in every year possible.
- Technical Luck: Focus your freedom bonus on technology. At least 1 point has to be allocated somewhere else!
- Limbs? Strong Limbs!: Focus your freedom bonus solely on technology.
- Operas, museums, concerts: Focus your freedom bonus on art. At least 1 point has to be allocated somewhere else!
- Royalty Free Art: Focus your freedom bonus solely on art.
- Green Planet: Focus your freedom bonus on environment. At least 1 point has to be allocated somewhere else!
- To the lizards!: Focus your freedom bonus solely on environment.
- To the moon: Focus your freedom bonus on space. At least 1 point has to be allocated somewhere else!
- To a new universum: Focus your freedom bonus solely on space.
Luckily for us, the game saves automatically at the start of every year, which means that to get all 10 endings we only have to do 4 full runs! You will need at minimum:
- 1 Playthrough that focuses on getting maximum state loyalty. Pair this with your 1st bonus of choice.
- 1 Playthrough that focuses on getting maximum rebel loyalty. Pair this with your 2nd bonus of choice.
- 1 Playthrough on the maximum difficulty, with time pressure. You could do this with the loyalty ones, but since you need another 2 runs anyway you might as well not stress for them and do it separately with your 3rd bonus.
- 1 Final playthrough on any difficulty for your 4th and last bonus.
After each playthrough, reload your Year 20 save. That way you can get 2-3 endings out of it rather than just the 1. For example a state loyalty run: I first played it for maximum loyalty, then reloaded it (and made sure to not gain loyalty) to get the maximum investment in art ending, and then repeated that process to spend the final point on something else for the regular art ending.
When it comes to money the game is rather forgiving. You can make up to 2 mistakes per year and still have enough money to cover both your rent and taxes, which means you’ll save up money if you make less mistakes than that. You’ll have to pay approximately $850 for every year, so once you have enough money to make it all the way through year 20 you can just rush it and stop sorting the packages. Your best bet then is to just reject every package, this will likely earn you a little bit of money without any effort.