This guide will show you how to acquire the necessary item to shred the final boss! This method, however, unfortunately requires shadow taint level 2-3.
How to Defeat Final Boss
Extreme spoilers ahead
In a nutshell, the item you need to shred the final boss is a shadow mirror, obtainable from the rift found in the vampire’s lair on the boardwalk. Read on to see the steps required for obtainment.
Firstly, you must conspire with Donny Thesaurus, aka The Mob, to even have access to the vampires’ lair. I’m not going to go into detail about the missions here, but once you have reached the final mission, continue to step 2.
Welcome! Glad you endured the hellish missions of the Mob, and now you’re ready for the Vampires’ lair! Donny Thesaurus should tell you the code (Masquerade) and now go whisper that to the “cold glare guy” on the boardwalk.
Note: you also need 6 muscle for the next phase to follow through, read on.
By now you should be inside of the lair. Head to the very left and you should find one of those weird starfish rifts. Go through and screech at each mirror until your saving grace appears inside of the weird particle thing in the centre of the rift plane.
The shadow mirror.
It allows you to take an opponent’s MUS, MYS, and MOX and apply them to yourself. I bet you can see where this is going.
Now, you need to find a MYS-oriented weapon sufficient enough for damage. I used a wrench, called the Crescent… something. Once you’ve found a good weapon, head to the realm of the Shadowcaster. If you have high enough shadow taint, do yourself a favour and absorb the president. It will make the fight easier.
Next, you will need to mirror an eye. Do not mirror the mouth! After you mirror the eye, you will be able to tank most of the damage that the Shadowcaster does and also deal alot of damage to it. Bonus points if you can keep your partners alive throughout the fight.
- Collaborate with the mob.
- Infiltrate the vampires’ lair on the boardwalk.
- Acquire the shadow mirror from the rift in said lair.
- Find a good MYS weapon and mirror an EYE!
Recommended for You
- Shadows Over Loathing – Achievement Tips and Tricks (Bad Dog(s), Hardcore Gamer and More Meat Than Sense)
- Shadows Over Loathing – Hobo Camp Completion Guide
- Shadows Over Loathing – How to Get The Just Showing Off Achievement as a Jazz Agent
- Shadows Over Loathing – Fuel Reserves Achievement Walkthrough
- Shadows Over Loathing – Chemistry Guide