A guide to the combat tactics in Shardpunk: Verminfall. Important to get an unlock.
Guide to Combat Tactics
To get one of the achievements (and unlocks) you need to use all the combat tactics. Some are more obvious than others, so I am assembled this guide.
Bring them on!
- Kill 5 enemies in a single turn
- Reward: +2 damage for 2 turn
Get’em from the side
- Score 4 flanking shots at non-melee enemies in a single turn
- Reward: +1 AP for everyone
- Hunker down everyone, with nobody being flanked.
- Reward: 20 defense to everyone
- Throw at least 5 grenades in a single turn.
- Reward: enemy reinforcement will span faster (not really a reward, eh?)
- Search for loot at least 3 times in a single turn.
- Reward: looting is more effective for 2 turns.
Wait it out
- Hunker two characters right next to each other
- Reward: -5 stress for both.
- Toggle overwatch next to an overwatching ally
- Reward: Characters in overwatch get +20% to hit
Chop and Blast
- Hit an enemy with a melee and a ranged attack in a single turn
- Reward: The enemy is stunned
Back from the dead
- Kill an enemy with a character just revived this turn
- Reward: -10 stress for all
- Note: your 4th character rescue can count, so you don’t have to let someone fall to to unlock this.
- Use a Stimpack to restore health for yourself or someone with 1 HP.
- Reward: +1 Action Point for the person healed.
Back from the dead: you can auto-revive a character with fusion core, so it’s easy to unlock.
Take Cover: hunker down everyone, with nobody being flanked. +20 defense to everyone
Wait it out: hunker two characters right next to each other, -5 stress for both (!!!!!!!)
Back from the dead: kill an enemy with a character just revived this turn, -10 stress for all (your 4th character rescue can count, so you don’t have to let someone fall to to unlock this)