10 Steps or 5 pictures to having Afterburner / RTSS running on The Witcher 3 DX12 Next Gen update without deleting any files!
Guide to Enable Afterburner / RTSS
- Step 1: Exit MSI Afterburner & RivaTuner Statistics Server.
- Step 2: Open a file explorer window to the location of your RTSS install.
- Usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\”.
- Step 3: Open the Profiles folder.
- Usually “C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\Profiles”.
- Step 4: Make a copy of the ‘Global’ file. You will need admin permission to do this and the rename.
- Step 5: Rename your copied file (ex ‘Global – Copy’) to ‘witcher3.exe.cfg’ wihtout quotes.
- Step 6: Open witcher3.exe.cfg with a text editor like Notepad.
- Step 7: look for the section [RendererDirect3D12].
- Step 8: Replace whatever is in that section (probably Implementation=2) with the following and save the file:
- D3D11on12 = 0
- Step 9: Start Afterburner / RTSS.
- Step 10: Enjoy FPS on The Witcher 3 DX12 without deleting files.