Here you can find some useful tips for ranged fights in the Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts.
Tips to Ranged Fights
- The distance vs. the range of the guns (plunging shot on the opponent’s deck vs. grazing shot against the side).
- The number of guns the opponent can bring to bear against various directions – engage in a way to minimize the opponent’s fire power.
- The angle to the opponent (ricochets!).
- Think about your prefered engagement range and how to get there safely (manoeuvre, ricochet angle…).
- Try to force enemy ships to leave the battle line (torps!) and isolate them to generate local superiority of fire.
- Exploit weaknesses – if the enemy ship is hit and flods, it slows down and gets easier to hit. Maximize your accuracy in this situation (stop manoeuvering, go broadside, etc).