Makes the Solo player experience more engaging…
Hosting a Server (Rental Service Providers)
You can alternatively host a server at a Game Server Hosting Provider.
Your server will be started instantly!
Solo Play Server
1) Set Server to PVE “hard”. If you have ever played a game like this before/aren’t really new to gaming or just want a reasonably tough PVE experience I’d suggest this, otherwise leave it on Standard.
Then go into the advanced settings.
2) Set Damage to resource objects to 3 or higher (Wacking resource nodes is not very engaging so i’d recommend this) Unless you like mind numbing grind.
3) Set Sun damage to max(5) so its more of a real threat, Then set the day-night cycle to 3600 seconds, Daylength to long (otherwise you will have short days). This is to add meaning to the coffin sleep mechanic and more reasons to have a base and need to be in/Near that base.
4) Turn off Castle decay by setting the ‘decay rate’ to 0. Is only meant to clean up servers with to many abandoned bases. If one has a good suggestion for Blood essence consumption setting (powers the base) Let me know.
5) Uncheck the box for “blood-bound items” To create atleast some consequence for dyeing. (You will drop everything on death) can be recovered if you make it back to your corpse (Darksouls style).
6) Uncheck “Teleport bound items” Its a setting to enable gank opportunity’s in PVP, In single player it only serves as an annoyance since no PVE enemy’s are a threat when moving. And yes that is a ‘Uncheck’, Its worded in a confusing way, like most of these settings.
7) Toughen up progression: make everything take longer to refine and craft, plus cost more. The base setting are balanced for pvp full loot, obv that’s WAY to generous for PVE.
“Crafting & Building” Values that I use:
Thing’s to Note:
- You may want to set the cost to be higher if you set your “damage to resource nodes” Higher then 3.
- If you left the server on the “standard” PVE setting but want to retain meaningful Crafting and Building: Under the “Items” section: Set everything that is not “inventory stack multiplier” to 0.75 or lower.