I decided to make a guide with a template to help others make skins. The template is lined up using the coords in the characters.json file, so it should be accurate, but some of the sprite sizes are inconsistent so it might take some fiddling with.
How to Make Custom Skins
To Make Custom Skins
- Go to steam, right click on Vampire Survivors, properties, and click “Browse” under local files.
- Go to [resources/app/.webpack/renderer/assets/img].
- Save a copy of characters.png (In case you don’t want skins anymore)
- Open characters.png and use the overlay to help line up the sprites.
- Draw to your hearts content.
- Save & Play the game.