A quick and simple guide that goes over a couple pitfalls for newbies, whilst explaining good to know mechanics the tutorial doesn’t cover sufficiently.
Tips for New Players
Notable Resistances of Enemy Variants
- Dregs generally wear yellow.
- Scabs generally wear some kind of armor, looking scrappy.
- Takes less damage from heavy melee attacks. This doesn’t apply to scab ragers.
- Takes more damage when hit in the legs.
- Generally takes more damage from heavy attacks, or chainsword/axe rev attacks (Hold down the special attack button briefly before doing a heavy attack).
- Prime targets for headbursts as most other weapons don’t harm them much.
- Extremely fire resistant.
- Weak to explosives, grenade launcher, bolter.
- Extremely strong body armor, aim for the legs or head.
- Fire resistant.
Scab units in general are armored, and any of their specials won’t take much damage from light swings, when using a weapon that isn’t armor piercing (like an axe).
- headbursting can still be used when slightly below 100% peril.
- You can use your special to cancel a peril overload death.
- Chastise the wicked will only recharge 50% of your toughness, not 100% as the tooltip mentions. Curio that increase toughness boost this effect.
- The lvl 20 feat, faith restores all, does not trigger on toughness damage.
General Weapon Tips
- Doesn’t care about headshots, only armor values since it’s explosive damage. Penetrates a large amount of armor.
- Consider using the rapid fire left click instead of aiming for any ogryns type enemies up close or medium distance. Trading ammo efficiency for a quick kill.
- The AOE effect is extremely weak.
- Considerably more effective when aiming for heads or weakpoints.
- DoT effect increases the longer an enemy has been burnt for. Starts decaying after a couple seconds.
- Because of this, it can be a strong monstrosity killer too, don’t be hesitant if you can spare the ammo.
- Unlike swords, axes will still damage lightly armored targets through their armor with light attacks.
Recommended for You
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Guide to Weapon Properties and Traits (+ Some Definitions)
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Displayed Attack Icons Guide
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Preacher – Independence Build Guide
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Guide to Veteran Penance On Overwatch
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Psyker Force Staves Explanatory Guide