Insane FPS Boost for Darktide
I did some experimenting with different ways to launch the game and found that starting the “Launcher.exe” directly from the file location with “run as admin” offers some significant boost in performance.
Do not launch the game via Steam Library!
I’m not sure what causes this to work. I’m assuming that the game just doesn’t have access to right permissions when launching via Steam.
- Step 1: Navigate to “D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 Darktide Playtest”
You can get here by right clicking the game in your library, pressing properties, and hit open file location
- Step 2: Locate your Launcher.exe
- Step 3: Right click Launcher.exe and run as administrator
- Step 4: Enjoy.
Note: Not sure if this will work for others but on the off chance that it does, please up vote. Need to spread the word before the Closed Beta ends. Also I’m running a GTX 1070, 16 GB Ram and with a i7 3.5ghz CPU and getting a steady 45 fps. I’m just going to assume that not everyone is running on an old rig like me and will likely see better results.
Recommended for You
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – How to Change the Process Priority
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Veteran “Make Every Shot Count” Penance Cheat Guide
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Simple FPS/Performance Boost
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – How to Tag with T Instead of Middle Mouse Button
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Pro Tips and Tricks