Frequently Asked Questions
- Title: XEL
- Genre: 3D Action-Adventure
- Developer: Tiny Roar
- Release: July 12, 2022
- Platforms: Windows-PC (Steam) | Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch
What is XEL?
Uncover XEL’s dark past
- XEL is a 3D action-adventure set in a sci-fi fantasy setting. Play as Reid, shipwrecked on the strange world of XEL. Without any recollection of her former life, it is up to you to unravel her past and connection to XEL. Ready your sword and shield as you explore the overworld of XEL and dive into imposing Zelda-like dungeons full of unforeseen threats and challenging puzzles. Throughout your journey you will make new friends and foes, learn new moves, find new gadgets as well as being able to jump through time and space. As Reid delves deeper into the mysteries surrounding XEL, she discovers an endless cycle of peril. Will she be able to break free from it and what will it take?
What are the key features of XEL?
An ass-kicking 3D action-adventure through space and time
- Explore the mysterious world of XEL and uncover its dark past.
- A vibrant overworld and challenging Zelda-like dungeons await to be explored and mastered.
- Help Reid figure out who she is and why she is stranded on this strange place.
- Hack and slash your way through gone-haywire-robot-minions and face the exotic wildlife of XEL.
- Solve time bending puzzles and make use of your arsenal of gadgets to unlock secret paths.
Old-school gameplay meets new-school features
- A classic top-down 3D action-adventure with dynamic camera shifts to stay close to the action.
- XEL offers a well-crafted combat system with different attacks, combos, dodging, parrying and gadgets. How you tackle each encounter is up to you.
- Upgrade your weapons, shield and gadgets to kick even more ass and unlock powerful new moves and combos.
- Collect cores to unlock unique abilities that will let you jump through time to traverse prior inaccessible areas or encounter foes in a weaker state and bend the rules of space
- Zelda-like dungeons and puzzles put your wits as well as your guts to the test.
The world of XEL awaits
- Experience an intriguing sci-fi fantasy tale with a strong emphasis on story-telling, combat and puzzling.
- Meet a memorable cast of characters and engage in witty and charming dialogues.
- Stumble upon secret quests and landmarks to learn more of the lore.
- Discover time-distorted areas that allow you to take a glimpse behind the curtain that led to the downfall of this strange place.
- Interact with your environment and actively engage with NPCs.
A timeless soundtrack and visuals
- XEL offers vibrant visuals, handcrafted by a passionate Indie team, as well as a timeless soundtrack composed by Gidon Wolff.
Any details on other platforms/consoles already?
- Yes, besides PC via Steam we are releasing XEL also for Nintendo Switch, Xbox and PlayStation.
Will the game feature controller support?
- Yes, you are able to experience XEL with keyboard as well as Controller. The controls for keyboard are remappable. Controller controls will be remappable in a future update.
Which engine are you using for XEL?
- XEL makes use of the latest Unity engine.
Which languages will XEL support upon release?
- The game is localized in German, English, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese – Brazil, Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
- If more languages will be added, we simply have to discuss internally, and thus we cannot make any promises so far.
Disclaimer: The Chinese localization can be buggy sometimes. We’re working on this.
Any details on system requirements already?
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 64-Bit systems only
- Processor: Intel i5 Quad-Core, 3 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: GTX 1080 Ti / RX Vega 64
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 6 GB available space
- Additional Notes: 8k monitors not supported
Who is developing XEL?
- Tiny Roar is the result of the love for video games and a long-standing wish of creating our own game development studio. Founded by two best friends since teenage years, the studio was founded in Hamburg, Germany in the year 2015. One of our main quests is to deliver fun, polished and easy accessible game experiences for all kind of gamers on all platforms available. Interacting with our community is very important to us, which sometimes leads to fun experiences like getting our butts kicked in our weekly Community-VS-Developer-Tournaments in Bomb Bots Arena, one of our already released titles.
- Creating video games is the most fun in the world, and we know that a healthy and friendly work environment is the key for a successful production, that’s why we stand against any racism, sexism, classism or any form of hate and gate keeping.