Before you Play the Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- The bonuses from transferring saves to Episodes II and III are pretty lame (swimsuits IIRC) so don't really worry about it too much. This is more for if you want to skip Episode II which is universally considered the weakest in the series.
- AGWS are useless for anything other than serving as HP tanks.
- The best spot to grind is an area with searchlight enemies. Try for the 10x bonus.
- There is a bug when you are invading a U-TIC battleship as Jr. (I think it's the first time you can control him). There is a door that is locked with a key card. You can ignore it if you want the first time through, but when you revisit the area in the EVS it will be permanently locked for some reason. So make sure you explore that area completely the first time through and get the goodies behind that door.
- Poker is the easiest game in the casino. Use it to get all the prizes. The most important prize is the Bravesoul (attack goes up as HP goes down). It makes a lot of the game trivially easy.
- The card game is the best mini-game that doesn't give you anything.
- There are useful and spam emails you can get if you pixel perfect your movement in certain spots. Get a guide.
- Don't ever level up techs beyond making them faster. Save those points for building stats.
- The bonus you get in the sequel is a bunch of points to spend on upgrading characters times your levels. The third gives you an outfit for the worst video game character. It is telling you how much you will hate the third game.
- There is an interrogation session with Jr.. Save your agony and don't bother with it.