Before you play the Ar Tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Up raises Harmonics, which increases the level of attacks you can use (if you’re above level 15).
- Left gives a jump to the Burst gauge.
- Down decreases the amount of damage done to the Reyvateil in defense phase if she’s hit, and allows for Combo Magic later. This isn’t really needed at the point of the game you’re in.
- Right just cures some MP. Don’t use this.
- There’s an emotion indicator on the bottom right, when you fill one of the points the text in that direction turns white and you get whatever bonus that direction gives. Also, when the little star appears there, attack in that direction so your magic levels up at the end of the turn.
- Also in the menu (press triangle), you can choose what enemy to attack, so maybe switching it to concentrate on the dog-thing will help. Other than that, it’s all about guarding so you don’t take too much damage.
- Have you been diving into Cloche past the one mandatory level you have to do? That’s how you get better/stronger song magic.
- The dog thing is probably the hardest boss in the game for where it is in your level progression.
- There’s a bug on a boss named raki in the third (and optional subsequent) fights with her. You can work around this by defeating her before she gets to her third defense phase.
- You commit to an ending by choosing to become a girl’s partner on her level 5 cosmosphere. The character whose path you don’t take is not an option for the ending. The third magic-caster-girl (Reyvateil) to join you has the most awesome ending, so I’d strongly suggest going for her.
- Use the “Girl Power” system with IPDs. You want ones that have Guard +++ or ++++. Once you get that you can easily get perfect guards on most attacks.
- After you beat the dog thing and a bunch of story stuff you’ll get an ability called Replakia. Pay attention to its tutorial and use it every fight.
- Synchronity Chains don’t really work too well unless you’ve got a song magic tree with a Synchronity Chain song on it rolling at the start of the Synchronity Chain. While in the Synchronity Chain, you get a bunch of totally free time to smackdown on things.
- If you combo a lot of attacks into a short period of time, it gives you bonus time for your turn.
- The best Reyvateil is the third one. I know I mentioned this in tip 2, but it bears repeating.
- You need Cloche in your active party to use Replakia, so she’s the second best Reyvateil. Looks like even the game designers agreed with you about Luca.
- Always fight IPDs if the fight is remotely winnable. Curing the IPDs is a process of trial-and-error bullshit so just look at a guide on gamefaqs or something. After you cure an IPD, you need to get its requirements (on page 2 of its info card) satisfied to add it to Replakia.
Recommended for You
- None Found