Before you play the Assassin’s Creed: Revelations game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- The game opens up really early, and you can get to most of Constantinople fairly quickly. This also means you can do all of the Recruit missions and get one of the best armour sets almost as early as you want (in relation to the main story missions).
- Going for all achievements? Get the tax collector one before fully freeing or upgrading Constantinople – they become incredibly rare once the city is safe.
- Bombs are pretty much entirely optional, but are lots of fun. Play around with them to find out what works best for you.
- You can refill bombs anywhere, assuming you have the materials. You just can’t make new kinds unless you go to the specific locations.
- Unlike Brotherhood, buying buildings raises your Notoriety. It’s slightly harder to reduce compared to the previous Ezio games too (since there are no posters). Books and Landmarks are a massive money sink which isn’t really worthwhile outside of completionist tendencies.
- Speaking of completionist tendencies, no, you cannot bomb all the wells open – the counter includes several that were removed from the game.
- The Tower Defence game is optional aside from the tutorial. If you’re careful about dropping your Notoriety it won’t come up, and if you’ve got a max rank recruit running a district then that area is safe permanently. You can get the Iron Curtain achievement by replaying the defense game tutorial from Sequence 2, and ignoring the cannon tooltips – they’ll go away on their own. The achievement can be completed by making all districts secure.
- Missing some equipment or books? They’re only sold in stores in the final city of the game – and they’re stupefyingly expensive.
- The DLC is a set of first person puzzle levels, giving some backstory to Subject 16.