Before you play The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- I strongly recommend you consider playing literally any other game in this genre first instead. If youre playing the pre-directors cut version somehow please consider getting help.
- You’ll probably want to pick bard as your starting character as its the last of the four classes you get one of through the story mode.
- There will be a story moment where you must chose a character, Dagliesh or the Green Lady, to send on a quest. The only thing this choice influences is who you give up permanently and since you get another caster for free immediately following this quest and Dagliesh is the best fighter in the game theres no reason to not just send the green lady.
- The “talk to the board” only progresses by beating the game. Whatever youve accomplished in game except that has no bearing on it and the board will always approve characters advancing to the next tier as long as you’ve spent the minimum points to do so.
- Once a character has had their progression unlocked by the board you can reset their skills as many times as you want without needing to talk to the board again to unlock their skill progression.
- Early on aim for the skills that give you more opportunities.
- The optional dungeon haernhold has an altar at the start will give you mercenary tokens for 1000 gold so dont really sweat those.
- When the game gives you the point of no return notice it is not messing around. Make sure youve beaten haernhold before that point.
- Stunlock due to the bards forced dancing skill doesnt count as a status effect. Abuse this to beat the haernhold.
- The last set of new vendrs in the game is about half-way in at the frozen island. No I dont know why. What is important is the bard in the bar sells two items which make dealing damage not interrupt forced dancing. Buy both of these or you will never ever beat haernhold.
- There is an optional quest to “find klara”. Its not actually optional nor can you find her, it progresses by doing the main story.