Before you play the Brigador game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Be patient with the controls as you get used to them! They’re incredibly good, but you need to practice until you have aiming down, as it’s not a 1:1 to where your cursor is.
- Do the tutorials, do the missions, and when you’re ready, get into Freelance. That’s where the real meat of the game is, where you can customize your loadout and learn to hate spacers as I do.
- Also: the people in yellow raincoats are civilians. Squish them for free money.
- In Brigador’s Campaign missions the loadouts are free and as you progress you have the option to try out different stuff as each mission has four loadout options. The first of the four loadouts for any missions is usually the “base difficulty” for the mission and then the smaller mechs/vehicles are essentially harder ways to tackle the level with increased payouts. You don’t need to unlock anything for the campaign.
- Freelance is where you slot together things you’ve unlocked, chose a pilot (modifies difficulty and payout), and then a mission to try. Some missions will have have three or four maps and others will have a dozen plus. You can “early out” by selecting the Spaceport map between levels.
- Enemies will investigate sounds. Creating choke-points by walking through buildings or walls, then firing your loudest weapon and retreating through the choke-point creates a powerful killzone.