Before you play the Stranded Deep game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- The tutorial is quite helpful, don’t skip it.
- Beeline for a water still as soon as you can. You’ll need to raise your crafting level a bit first, but it’s the only reliable source of water in the game.
- Fibrous leaves are one of the most valuable things in the game – used for lashing, water, and kindling – and can stack to 24 in your inventory. Always keep an eye out for Yucca plants (they replenish after some time once you whack the leaves off of them) and young palm trees (they regrow on the island after some time)
- Don’t cut down palm trees for a while until you absolutely need to, the coconuts they regrow will be helpful for giving you a bit of food/water. That said…
- Don’t eat/drink too many coconuts, or you’ll get the shits for an hour, which will pretty much dehydrate you entirely. You can drink two coconuts, and eat one whole coconut without issue, then you have to wait some indeterminate amount of time before you can do this again.
- Your rescue raft that you start with kind of sucks, and is prone to getting flipped by shark attacks. Move towards building a new one (with, minimum, a sail and a rudder) before you try to go to any islands further than one ‘square’ away from your starting location.
Recommended for You
- None Found