Before you play the Suikoden V game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Don't give anything important to Georg. The bastard wanders off several times, for hours at a time.
- Don't give anything valuable to Sialeeds either. Just fucking trust me.
- Fight mummy enemies in the hidden ruins at the big hole near Rainwall. They drop magic absorb rune pieces. Magic Absorb Runes break the damn game in half. Put one on a powerful mage, and use their most powerful spells to your hearts' content.
- Speaking of which, Zerase is so powerful that she makes the game pretty boring. I don't know what the hell the developers were thinking.
- Equip as many Prosperity Rings as you can, once you can buy them from your shop. The money bonus quickly adds up.
- For even more insane money antics, equip each party member with 4 Prosperity Rings, and one piece of the Prosperity armour set. Bring along as many characters with the Potch Finder skill as you can, and put the Prosperity Rune on one of your active party members. Prepare to become very, stupidly rich in minutes.
- Use a guide. Seriously. You'll miss some of the characters if you don't. This applies to pretty much the whole series.
- Do NOT use Zerase if you want the game to be challenging. If you just want to get through it quickly, then go for it. I used her on my second run through and long dungeons were still occasionally tough, but boss battles were cake, across the board.
- Use a guide unless you're really keen on wandering around talking to everyone you can access at every point in the game. And even then missing the good ending because you answered a question incorrectly at some point.
- With regards to not giving Sialeeds anything important, consider transferring all her skill points to party SP. She's never going to be especially useful, as she only has one rune slot and her stats aren't anything special, but you're forced to use her pretty consistently for awhile. That SP might as well go towards helping a more useful character.
- Sol-Falena is one of the few places where you can buy Firefly runes. They're expensive, but if you plan on having a dedicated tank (probably not necessary unless you plan on using the characters that aren't brokenly-powerful, but still), you should make sure you get one before you go too far in the story, specifically (pretty minor spoiler) the start of the Engagement Ceremony.