A guide on getting the Hawk Eye achievement (a kill from 200m).
Other Tannenberg Guides:
1) Join the map Carpathians– The map has less tress than other maps and hills that you can see a large part of the map from
2) Play as Entente Powers– You can also do it as Central Powers, but you have more angles while in the Entente Powers
3) Pick a class with a rifle– Prefferably an NCO class with binoculars as well
4) Run towards the right all the way to the edge of the map, next to a crater– Right in-between the Northern Road and Crest Trench, and right above the trench in-between the two sectors
5) Look towards the General Church Area
Make sure than your team has captured the Northern Road, this is so you dont get shot from the side yourself.
You will be looking at the following sections to find a target.
You will need to be patient as enemies aren’t always there, and it will be hard to see/shoot them. I went through my entire ammunition twice trying to get this! (if you run out of ammo, go to the Northern Road and resupply).
If you don’t have Northern Road captured/You feel too exposed in the open.
Stand at the far end of the Crest Trench and shoot from there.
Tips and Tricks
Type ‘/shootdebug true’ in the chat to see how much damage you are dealing and at what distance.
Use Binoculars to find the enemy easier
- Though you’ll have to shoot without a scope, you can distinguish which spot is an enemy
Play on the Snowymap (if private server)
- It can be easier to shoot black on white rather than dark brown on light brown
Use the Largest screen and highest resolution you can
- Even play on stretched, whatever makes the target appear larger, makes your job easier
Remember about the bullet time and bullet drop
- It is .4s / 200m so time your shots accoringly
- 10cm / 200m so just aim high on their chest/neck to make the shot easier
Practice at shorter distances
- If you see an enemy that isn’t at 200m, still go for them, this will develop insinct and muscle memory for the bullet drop/time