By default Quake II RTX is Vert- game. This guide will show how to make it Hor+ and fix weapon model position.
Originally Quake II was designed for 4:3 resolutions. This is how it looks, fov 90:
On widescreen resolutions with default parameters game acts as Vert-, ie space is cut from above and below:
This is ultrawidescreen resolution 2560×1080.
Note that weapon model is also cut. Even if you increase fov to compensate it, weapon stays the same.
Best way for widescreen gaming is when game view is expanded horizontally, aka Hor+. This is how it looks(fov is also 90):
Note that vertical field of view is the same as on 4:3 screenshot.
- Right-click on the game title under the Library in Steam and select Properties.
- Under the General tab click the Set launch options… button.
- And click OK.
- Close the game’s Properties window and launch the game.
- Go to <gamedir>baseq2 folder.
- Create text file autoexec.cfg if it’s not alread exists.
- Open that file with any text editor, e.g. notepad.
seta cl_adjustfov “1”
- Line there.
- Save file and run the game.