Other GoT Guides:
- Basic Tips and Tricks.
- All Commanders Specialization.
- Talent & Alliance Systems.
- Lord Equipment.
- Research Guide.
- Buildings Guide.
- Quest System.
- Events Guide.
- Talent Tree.
- What kind of game is Game of Thrones Winter is Coming?
- How many languages does the game currently support?
- Can I play Game of Thrones Winter is Coming on Facebook?
- Which type of pack is most helpful for new players?
- How should I protect my castle?
- Why did my Truce suddenly disappear?
- How do I view or relocate to other worlds?
- How do I obtain Diamonds?
- Diamond Item Pack
- Can I trade my Diamonds and resources with other players?
- How do I change my name?
- How do I gather resources?
- How do I get Lord EXP?
- I can’t log in to the game. It’s displaying an error code. What should I do?
- What is Stamina?
- What is Motivation?
- What is Endurance?
- What are Quests?
- Under what circumstances will an Alliance be disbanded?
- What are the level caps for the Castle, Commanders, and Lord?
- What is the VIP System?
- How do I obtain VIP Points?
- How do I increase my Power?
- What is a Rally?
- How do I increase my Marching Queues?
- How do I save coordinates?
- How do I recruit a Commander?
- How do I strengthen a Commander?
- What is the use of Commanders in battle?
- What is the difference between the equipment worn by the Lord and the Commanders in the game?
- What are the benefits of joining an Alliance?
- What rewards will I receive for challenging the territory’s rebels?
- What should I choose to research in order to develop my Castle?
- What kind of soldier should I choose to train to increase my Power?
- Should I construct Military Buildings or Resource Buildings in my city’s empty spaces?
- What is the Castle Upgrade Pack? What is the difference between the Castle Upgrade Pack and other packs?
- What are the Discount Pack Coupons?
- Can I initiate multiple Construction or Research Queues at the same time?
- What is the use of Commanders’ Medals, Rank and Level?
- How does a Commander’s Technology Bonus, Training Bonus, Attack/Defense Bonus take effect?
- If my Grain is at 0, will my soldiers starve to death?
- Why didn’t my Alliance Present EXP increase after I claimed an Alliance Present?
- I finished both the Normal and Elite Challenges, so why am I not in the rankings?
- Another Lord captured my Lord. What do I do?
- Another Lord captured my Lord. What impact will this have?
- What do the different colors of the numbers in the Resources bar on the top right of the screen mean?
- Why aren’t my attacks damaging the enemy’s City Wall?
- There is still space available in my Hospital, so why did my soldiers die?
- Is there a limit to the game’s mailbox?
- Why did my Motivation get deducted even though the Rebel Leader I wanted to slay disappeared?
- Is there a limit to the duration of the Wall of Faces Blessing?
- Why are my soldiers going outside the city to attack even though I have a City Wall?
- Why is the damage dealt the second time slaying a Rebel Leader less than the first time when I consecutively slay Rebel Leaders while having a damage bonus?
- Why didn’t I receive any points after I finished a quest in an Elite Challenge?
- Why did my soldiers attack another player’s Castle even though they’re still marching?
- How do I obtain Lord Equipment Badges?
What kind of game is Game of Thrones Winter is Coming?
Game of Thrones Winter is Coming is a browser game developed by YOOZOO Games and officially licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and HBO.
Join the battle in Game of Thrones Winter is Coming, Yoozoo’s new real-time strategy browser game. Play the role of an ambitious Westeros lord, determined to save a land plagued by war and put a stop to the endless disputes between the Seven Kingdoms. This new strategy game has been built using the Unity engine and has beautifully rendered characters and scenery designed by renowned artists.
Game of Thrones Winter is Coming has been designed to give players a balanced combination of strategy and roleplaying for a unique gameplay experience. Build your base, expand your territory, recruit characters from the show, train your army, and rewrite history.
How many languages does the game currently support?
Game of Thrones Winter is Coming is currently available worldwide. The following 12 languages are available in addition to English: German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Polish, Italian, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, and Traditional Chinese. Players can switch languages in the top left corner of the game’s screen.
Can I play Game of Thrones Winter is Coming on Facebook?
Yes. Players can play the game via the official site (got.gtarcade.com) or on Facebook.
Which type of pack is most helpful for new players?
The game has a variety of value packs for you to choose from. Among them, the Castle Upgrade Pack is extremely helpful for new players. Purchasing this pack will grant you several general, training, and research speed-up items as well as tons of resources to help you quickly increase your power.
How should I protect my castle?
By choosing to use a Truce, you can protect your castle from other players’ scouts and attacks for a limited time. You can also choose to hide your lord and soldiers in the Shelter so that even if your castle comes under attack, the soldiers and lord hiding within the Shelter won’t receive damage. Additionally, you can submit an application for protection to your friends. After your friend becomes your protector, he or she can help you activate a Truce at any time or send reinforcements/activate a Truce when you’re scouted or attacked.
Why did my Truce suddenly disappear?
A Truce will disappear under the following circumstances:
- When your castle reaches level 9, the 24-hour shield provided for new players will automatically disappear.
- When you initiate acts of war such as scouting, attacking, rallying, or reinforcing allies, your Truce will disappear. Please note that a Truce will disappear whenever you voluntarily initiate acts of war.
- When your Castle is transferred to the Great City Restricted Area, your Truce will disappear.
How do I view or relocate to other worlds?
Tap the button that looks like a mini globe to the far right of the map thumbnail in the top right corner of the game screen. After tapping, you will go directly to the World Map. From here, tap on the kingdom you want to go to (enter by tapping on the castle that represents each kingdom).
If you want to relocate to another kingdom, you must have a Novice Transfer item or Transnational Relocation. After tapping Relocate in any empty space in any kingdom, your territory will be moved there. If the kingdom you selected is restricting relocation, then you cannot relocate there from your old kingdom. However, you can relocate from a new kingdom with a longer Protection Period into a kingdom with a shorter Protection Period.
Friendly reminder: Beginner relocation is limited to Lv. 5 Castles or lower, and this item will be removed 7 days after the creation of the account.
How do I obtain Diamonds?
- You can obtain a reward of Diamonds the first time you join an Alliance.
- There is a chance you’ll receive Diamonds when you open the Alliance Chest on the Alliance Presents screen.
- There is a chance you’ll receive Diamonds when you open the Mysterious Chest on the Main Screen.
- You can obtain Diamonds by participating in in-game events.
- Purchase a pack in the Shop to obtained tons of Diamonds.
- Players who place in the top 5,000 in the Fighting Pits ranking can obtain Diamonds.
- You can gain more Diamond gains after saving your Diamonds in the Iron Bank for a certain time.
- You can get Diamonds the first time you like the official Facebook page.
- There’s a chance you’ll obtain Diamonds when you slay Rebel Leaders.
- Download the mini client and experience the game to obtain Diamonds.
- Fill out in-game surveys for a chance to obtain Diamonds.
- Take part in social events for a chance to obtain Diamonds.
Diamond Item Pack
Respected Lords and Ladies, there are many Diamond Packs in our game. This means that many of the Diamonds you receive as rewards will not directly enter your Diamond balance. Instead, they will be put in your inventory as an item pack. Go to the Resources category in your Inventory to use the item packs you’ve obtained.
Can I trade my Diamonds and resources with other players?
The game does not support any trading of Diamonds and resources, but resources can be transported between allies.
How do I change my name?
There are two ways you can change your player name:
- Tap the Inventory button on the game screen, then switch to the Diamond Shop. You can purchase the Rename Lord item under the Special tab.
After purchase, this item will be automatically placed into your Inventory. Tap the item’s Use button, enter your new name, and tap the Confirm button to finish changing your name.
- Tap the Avatar button on the upper left corner of the game screen, then tap the button to the right of your name. If you have a Rename Lord item in your Inventory, then you can start the renaming process directly. If you don’t have one, then you can spend 500 Diamonds to purchase and use one.
Friendly reminder: Your player name is the same as your Castle name.
How do I gather resources?
You can find Gathering Sites on the kingdom map. Tap the Gather button to send soldiers to occupy the Gathering Site and start gathering. Your army will need time to finish gathering resources. After they finish gathering, you will receive a Gathering Report in your Mailbox, and your army will take the resources back to your territory. The higher the army’s Capacity, the more resources they can bring back.
How do I get Lord EXP?
You can obtain Lord EXP through Weirwood Trials, using items that increase your Lord EXP, completing Story, Main and Alliance Quests, Territory and Army battles and slaying Rebel Leaders.
I can’t log in to the game. It’s displaying an error code. What should I do?
Please contact customer service for further help. We will solve your problem as soon as possible.
What is Stamina?
Weirwood Trials cost Stamina, which is recovered over time. You can use the Spirit of the Weirwood Tree to quickly recover Stamina.
Friendly reminder: When your Stamina reaches its maximum, it will not continue to increase.
What is Motivation?
Motivation is specifically used to slay Rebel Leaders. Slaying Rebel Leaders costs Motivation. Motivation will automatically recover over time, but you can also replenish it with relevant items.
Friendly reminder: Motivation has an upper limit. When using items to recover Motivation, be careful not to use too much and waste your items. You can raise your Motivation limit by researching at the Maester’s Tower. Wearing Lord Equipment can also raise the Motivation limit.
What is Endurance?
Attacking strongholds occupied by rebel armies will cost Endurance. Endurance will automatically recover over time, but you can also replenish it with relevant items.
Friendly reminder: Once your Endurance reaches its maximum, it will not continue to increase.
What are Quests?
Story Quests can quickly immerse us in the game’s world. Completing the Story Quests will unlock areas outside the city and grant tons of rewards.
Main Quests are development quests that the system has set up specifically for you. After completing the relevant quest, you can tap to claim the Territory Objective reward.
Alliance Quests are optional quests that take time to complete. Each round of quests will refresh one time every 6 hours.
VIP Quests can be completed by tapping the VIP Chest once every hour. The refresh time will be reset every day.
Under what circumstances will an Alliance be disbanded?
The Alliance will enter an automatic disband countdown (15 days) if it has less than 15 members. The system will alert the Alliance Leader to quickly add Alliance members and keep the Alliance from automatically disbanding due to insufficient members. If there still insufficient members after the 15-day countdown is over, then the Alliance will automatically disband.
What are the level caps for the Castle, Commanders, and Lord?
The highest level possible for the castle is Lv. 25. The highest levels for commanders and your main character are both Lv. 60.
What is the VIP System?
Every player is a VIP member in our game. The VIP system has 15 levels. Each level comes with different additional benefits and bonus effects (such as Resource Production speed-up, increased Resource Production, Marching Speed speed-up, automatic Hero’s Adventure battles, increased Army Attack/Defense/Health etc.). A higher a VIP Level will help the player grow faster and grant a greater advantage in battle.
Friendly reminder: You can tap on the VIP button beside your character’s title. After entering the VIP screen, you can freely scroll through the Privileges introduction to view the privileges VIPs can enjoy at each level.
How do I obtain VIP Points?
VIP Points can be obtained by logging in to the game every day. The more days you consecutively log in, the more VIP Points you’ll be rewarded. You can also tap the Points Obtained button on the VIP screen to enter the purchase screen. There you can buy and use point items to increase your VIP level.
This is a faster method to increase your points.
Aside from this, you can also obtain VIP Points by completing quests, participating in events etc.
How do I increase my Power?
You can strengthen yourself by training soldiers, building, upgrading buildings, researching technology, constructing traps, completing quests, increasing your Lord Level, increasing rank and quality of Commanders, etc. When you upgrade buildings or select technology to research, you can see how much your Power will increase by once you finish the upgrade or research.
What is a Rally?
A Rally is when you launch an attack alongside your allies.
When initiating a Rally, the Initiator will select the Rally’s wait time. Allies can join the Rally during the wait time. After the wait time concludes, the rallying army will launch an attack on the enemy.
You must have a Hall of War in order to initiate a Rally. The Rallied Magnitude will be determined by the level of the Initiator’s Hall of War.
You cannot recall your army participating in the Rally once it departs. Only the Initiator can send a participating army back or disband the entire Rallied Army.
How do I increase my Marching Queues?
You will gain an additional Marching Queue when your Castle Level reaches Lv. 7, Lv. 13, Lv. 19 and Lv. 25.
You can also gain extra Marching Queues by completing related research.
How do I save coordinates?
Tap any point on the kingdom’s World Map. In the pop-up window, tap the Save button to save the coordinates. You can view your saved coordinates by tapping on the Save button on the left side of the Kingdom Map screen.
Friendly reminder: The Save function will only save coordinates. It will not track and save things (Castles, Gathering Sites, Rebel Leaders etc.) on those coordinates.
How do I recruit a Commander?
Collect 10 of the same Commander Medal to recruit that Commander. Medals can be gained through Weirwood Trials, pack purchases, participating in or completing official scheduled or unscheduled events etc.
How do I strengthen a Commander?
You can increase a Commanders’ Rank and unlock more Commander and Army Skills by increasing the Commander Level and collecting Spoils. Collect Medals to advance the Commander and improve their abilities and Army Skills.
What is the use of Commanders in battle?
Commanders are the army’s generals who lead the charge and break through enemy lines. Commanders’ Army Skills can grant all kinds of bonuses to Attack and Defense, and Commanders can also increase the number of soldiers brought on expeditions.
What is the difference between the equipment worn by the Lord and the Commanders in the game?
The equipment worn by the Lord in the game will influence your overall attribute bonuses, while the equipment worn by a Commander (also known as Spoils) will only impact that specific Commander. Only by collecting all of the equipment for the current level can you increase a Commander’s Rank.
What are the benefits of joining an Alliance?
Many of the game’s events are based on Alliances. If you have not joined an Alliance prior to the start of an event, you will not be able to participate in some of the in-game events such as Rebel Camp Attacks, Castle Siege etc. After joining an Alliance, you can also obtain Alliance Presents and Alliance Coins from your Alliance.
These benefits are just the tip of the iceberg. You’ll discover many other benefits and ways to have fun after joining an Alliance!
What rewards will I receive for challenging the territory’s rebels?
After successfully challenging rebels in the territory, you will receive new territory to build on.
What should I choose to research in order to develop my Castle?
There are many different categories of research available for you to research in the Maester’s Tower. You can prioritize research of categories such as Economy, Military, slaying Rebel Leaders, etc. according to your own strategy and needs.
What kind of soldier should I choose to train to increase my Power?
You can select soldiers’ Troop Types and quantity that suit your equipment, research, talents, etc. There is no right or wrong soldier setup.
Should I construct Military Buildings or Resource Buildings in my city’s empty spaces?
How many Resource Buildings you construct depends on the following:
- How much you need a certain Resource.
- You can also plan how many Resource Buildings you need according to the Resource Production bonuses granted by your equipment, talents, research, etc. By using Resource Production bonuses wisely, you can get more results with less work!
How many Military Buildings you construct depends on the following 3 situations:
- If you need a higher Camp Training Speed and Gold Dragon production, you can choose to construct more Mints.
- If you want to train more soldiers at once, you can choose to construct more Barracks.
- If you want a higher Hospital capacity, you can build more Hospitals.
What is the Castle Upgrade Pack? What is the difference between the Castle Upgrade Pack and other packs?
The Castle Upgrade Pack is a special discount gift pack that only appears after the player’s Castle reaches a certain level. The pack’s contents are meticulously matched to suit the development needs of the player’s current Keep Level.
This type of pack will be made unavailable after the countdown is over or the Keep is upgraded to a certain level. After the pack is taken off the shelves, it will no longer appear.
What are the Discount Pack Coupons?
You can use Discount Pack Coupons when you buy Discount Packs to reduce the number of Black Diamonds needed to buy them.
Can I initiate multiple Construction or Research Queues at the same time?
Unfortunately, Game of Thrones Winter is Coming does not currently support multiple queues for construction or research. You must complete the construction or research currently in the queue first before you initiate new research or construction.
What is the use of Commanders’ Medals, Rank and Level?
A Commander’s Rank affects how many soldiers they bring into battle and unlocks skills. Commander Medals affect the strength of Army Skills and the Commander’s base attributes. Commander Level affects the Commanders’ skill levels and whether or not they can equip relevant Spoils.
How does a Commander’s Technology Bonus, Training Bonus, Attack/Defense Bonus take effect?
You can tap any specific skill icon on the Commander’s Army Skill screen to see whether this skill is an Internal Affairs Passive skill or Military Passive skill. If it is an Internal Affairs Passive skill (e.g. Research Bonus, Construction Bonus, Training Bonus, etc.), then you will receive the Internal Affairs Passive skill bonus relevant to the Commander’s Rank so long as you possess this Commander. If it is a Military Passive Bonus (e.g. increasing Army Attack etc.), then you will receive the Commander’s military bonus attributes as long as you bring this Commander along on expeditions.
If my Grain is at 0, will my soldiers starve to death?
When Grain is at 0, the system will not deduct any more Grain resources, and your soldiers will not be affected. If you need to construct a building or carry out any actions that require Grain, we recommend you consecutively use items that increase your Grain and immediately start the relevant quest.
Why didn’t my Alliance Present EXP increase after I claimed an Alliance Present?
Alliance Presents are obtained when Allies purchase items and from slaying Rebel Leaders. You can collect Key Energy by opening Alliance Presents. When Key Energy is full, you can obtain the Major Alliance Gift. Claiming this gift will grant Alliance Present EXP. Your Alliance Present Level will increase once you accumulate enough Present EXP. To view more information, you can tap on Alliance, then tap the “?” button on the Alliance Present screen.
I finished both the Normal and Elite Challenges, so why am I not in the rankings?
All players on all servers participate in the Elite Challenges together, so the points ranking is extremely competitive. If you didn’t make the ranking, we recommend increasing your relevant points next time.
Friendly reminder: You must complete the 3rd stage of point requirements for Normal and Elite Challenges to participate in the Rank Rewards.
Another Lord captured my Lord. What do I do?
If your Lord has unfortunately been captured, you have the following options:
- Contact your Allies or Friends to attack the Castle of the player who captured your Lord. After winning once, your Lord will be freed.
- If the player who captured your Lord set a ransom, you can pay the ransom to free your Lord. If the player who captured your Lord did not set a ransom, or the ransom they set is too high, then you can send them a message in-game to negotiate.
- Set a bounty to entice other players to attack the castle of the player who captured your Lord to free them. (Once a bounty is set, it cannot be recalled. Even if nobody rescues them or your Lord is released, your bounty will not be refunded, so please choose your bounty amount carefully.
- Use Tears of Lys to poison and kill your Lord within 24 hours. After your Lord dies, you need to wait for a specified period of time before you can revive them. Alternatively, you can use a Resurrection Fruit to immediately revive them. (Tears of Lys are obtainable through certain packs in the Shop.)
If you cannot carry out any of the methods listed above, then unfortunately you can only wait for your Lord to be executed. After they are executed, you will need to wait for a specified period of time before they are revived (You can use Summon of the Father to resurrect them immediately! Summon of the Father can be purchased in the Diamond Shop and the Alliance Shop). However, if the enemy does not execute your Lord within the allotted time period, then there is a chance your Lord will escape the dungeons!
Another Lord captured my Lord. What impact will this have?
After your Lord is captured, you will temporarily lose all of your Lord Talents and Lord Equipment Bonuses. After your Lord is resurrected or returns to your Castle, you will regain all of your Lord Talents and Lord Equipment Bonuses.
What do the different colors of the numbers in the Resources bar on the top right of the screen mean?
When the background of the Resources bar at the top right of the screen is blue and the resource quantity text changes to yellow, this indicates that your Castle has already stored the maximum amount of this resource, and that resource cannot continue to freely increase.
If the Resource at the top right of the screen is white, that means this Resource can continue to increase freely.
Why aren’t my attacks damaging the enemy’s City Wall?
Currently City Walls possess their own certain Defense Power. This Power comes from research, talents, Lord Equipment, Commander skills etc. If the army of the player attacking the City Wall has a Siege Power less than the Defense Power of the defending player’s City Wall, then your attacks will not be able to break through your opponent’s City Wall and may even deal 0 damage.
There is still space available in my Hospital, so why did my soldiers die?
60% of the soldiers who are injured in territorial campaigns or fighting in armies (Attack, Rally, Castle Siege, Castle Reinforcement, etc.) will be sent to the Hospital. The remaining 40% will die.
Is there a limit to the game’s mailbox?
The in-game system mailbox can hold a maximum of 100 messages.
Why did my Motivation get deducted even though the Rebel Leader I wanted to slay disappeared?
This is a normal game mechanic. When you set out to slay a Rebel Leader, your Motivation will already be deducted as per usual. Your Motivation will not recover regardless of whether you successfully slay your target.
Because of this, you need to confirm whether or not the Rebel Leader you want to slay might killed by another player before you initiate an expedition. At the same time, when you dispatch Commander(s), you must pay attention to the Rebel Leader’s refresh countdown. Once the Expedition Leader refresh countdown is finished, the Rebel Leader on the map will disappear.
Is there a limit to the duration of the Wall of Faces Blessing?
The Wall of Faces Blessing Duration is determined by the number of Lords captured. The Blessing Duration will be extended by a certain amount of time for each Lord you execute. The more Lords you execute, the longer your Blessing Duration will be. Additionally, the duration of the Wall of Faces Blessing is unlimited.
Friendly reminder: The extra time added to the Wall of Faces Blessing Duration can be increased by completing relevant research.
Why are my soldiers going outside the city to attack even though I have a City Wall?
In a Siege Battle where the attacker’s Army consists entirely of ranged troops, the defender will automatically send troops outside of the city to battle.
Why is the damage dealt the second time slaying a Rebel Leader less than the first time when I consecutively slay Rebel Leaders while having a damage bonus?
The damage dealt while slaying Rebel Leaders is not only influenced by damage bonuses. Multiple factors will affect the Commander’s damage dealt throughout the entire battle, e.g. the Commander’s formation, execution of skills, damage bonuses, Might bonuses etc.
With all these factors combined, the Commander’s damage will fluctuate within a certain range, which may cause situations in which their damage is higher or lower.
Why didn’t I receive any points after I finished a quest in an Elite Challenge?
The valid quest time period for Elite Trials is 00:00-59:00 every hour. The last 1 minute is preparation time for the next round. You will not earn points for Elite Challenges completed during that time.
Why did my soldiers attack another player’s Castle even though they’re still marching?
If the attacked player uses a Transport item after the player’s troops begin marching, then the player’s troops will immediately attack the attacked player’s Castle.
How do I obtain Lord Equipment Badges?
You can obtain Equipment Badges in the following ways:
- Purchase a pack that includes Equipment Badges via the in-game Shop.
- Participate in the game’s unscheduled events.