Navy manual for the basic operations of an 18th century navy ship of the line.
Hints and Tips
- Avoid combat with Warships and Pirates when on a 3rd Rate Ship.
- Rest your crew at night. The more crew employed at night, the faster the morale drops.
- Intercept ships belonging to your own nation or the Dutch to receive free stores.
- Promote your officers in the Wardroom and get additional ships to command.
- Continually train your crew in the Ratings Mess to improve Event efficiency and the Ship's speed.
- Use the Bell station on the ship to get all available crew to the Sails or Guns.
- Boost morale by increasing food rations at the Galley Station.
- If you intercept too many Dutch ships, they will declare war on you and dispatch a warship to attack you.
- Purchase promotion points for Gold, only at your Home Port.
- Use ships in your squadron to complete your Admiralty Order when you can't complete it in time.
- Select TAB to see progress of other players.
- Jettison excess cargo to make room for new stores by clicking on the stores in the hull of the ship.
- Attack enemy Admiralty objectives to frustrate your opponents and gain good rank points.
- If your sickbay is full an another crew members get injured, they will die as there is no bed available.
- Additional ships in your squadron can initiate combat three times and then proceed back to your Home Port to resupply Replenish food for free at the Palm Tree Islands.
- Scavenge gold and other stores from the Shipwrecks.
- Not all crew has to sleep at night, you can order the to a task at night but it negatively effects the morale Intercepting an Enemy objective that is a ship from your own nation is a great way to earn good promotion points.