Very short and to the point guide with picture to help you find all the lorestone and get the achievement "Stories from the north".
Hello everybody! This is my first guide, also english is not my first language so please excuse any error. Most important thing: PLEASE, please, enjoy the game first, don't bother if you miss some of the lorestone on your first playthrought.
Let's jump in!
This is a lorestone, they may vary in the stone part but the runes will be always the same. This bright ring will give us very useful information about our quest.
Each rune is a lorestone, for a total of 44. If a rune is RED than it is undiscovered, if its WHITE it means you discovered that particular lorestone. From the screenshot you can see i collected all but one rune in my first playthrought.
I used the word DISCOVER but you HAVE to INTERACT with stone (press E until the audio start playing and the rune changes color).
Now you can see that the runes in the ring are not all consequential, sometimes they have a dot in between them, like this:
RUNE RUNE . RUNE RUNE RUNE RUNE . RUNE RUNE
This is very important, it separates the location/areas/leves of the game! It means that you can now know if you are "done" with a specific area, you can now know how many are there (the first area has 4 runes so it has 4 lorestone to find).
Another thing to know is that the rune in the ring are in order (except one or two) so if you have a white rune,red rune,white rune then you missed one and should backtrack if possible.
The rune/lorestone are in order in the area, this means that in the sequence:
. RUNE RUNE RUNE RUNE .
The rune are in order, but sequences (or areas) are not. So don't panic if you miss an entire sequence, this happens because you can do different areas in different orders. You should be concerned only if as i mentioned early you miss one in a sequence.
Ok a think we can start with the actual guide.
1) After the intro and first gain control of Senua.
2) Can't be missed near the ladder to proceed after you first see the bridge to Helheim.
3) After you make it to the top and cross the beam.
4) In the big room with the gate to helheim.
5) Follow the right path after entering the door, the runestone is in a cave.
6) After the first fire gate on the left of the bridge.
7) Continue following the path to reach the next stone for the second fire door, the rune is in a corner in the big area.
8) When you reach the small destroyed village near the third fire door, the rune will be in the first house on the right.
9) In the big two house compound near the fourth fire door. In the left house facing the door (you will have to enter the right house and travel on the little bridge). At the end of the house you will find the rune.
10) Right after you enter the door, on the righ up in the destroyed tower.
11) This can be tricky. In the big area follow Valrvn and his music. After he desappears a second time you will have to use a portal to reveal a broken wall with a beam you will crawl under to reach and enclosed area. In this area there are two doors, open them and go back to the portal. Use it again so that the walls are back. Return to the enclosed area and go up the rock stairs, follow the beams and get the rune.
12) After that first big area you will fight some enemies in an "arena" right after that you will find the rune.
13) In the second big area where you have to thin out the number of ravens to allign, right after you enter go on the right and make a u turn.
14) Having the big door behind you go for the valrvn on the right, there is a sort of keep, when inside search for a small hole to crawl under, the rune is there.
Bridge to Helheim
15) After the bridge fight and the fight inside the house on the right of the door with three runes to find.
16) This one is on the left of the same door but you will have to reach the second floor and come down from the stairs, just solve the rune door, impossible to miss.
Shores and Sword tree
17) On the shore just follow the path, impossible to miss.
18) Keep going forward following the seashore.
19) From the first runestone go to the right where the broken bridge and door are.
20) Continue for the only path possible, you will find yourself here:
On the right there is a hidden small area (basically make a u turn in the right corner).
21) Near the big tree with the sword, hard to miss.
22) Just a little bit further than #21.
23) Go to the far left on the beach.
Next three screenshots are useless so:
23) Go left two times from the start of the labyrynth.
24) From the start of the labyrynth left right left.
25) You will reach (eventually) an intersection, if you go right you will find a hole in the wall, take the left instead and then right, you fill find a room with no torches.
If you get lost DO NOT WORRY just DO NOT go in the red room/door and you can keep moving around.
27) Just solve the puzzle, can't miss it.
28) Inside the house after you crossed the bridge you previously rebuild. The rune is opposite of the door.
29) Left of the main entrance, day world.
30) Inside the main hall, day world.
31) Inside the main hall, night world.
32) Second floor, night world.
33) Third floor next to the closed door.
34) On the balcony , third floor, day world.
Inside the Mountain
35) Immediatly after you eneter the door to the mountain, can't miss.
36) In the room where you have to run from light to light, after you took the torch with the stairs behind you go left.
37) Now from 36 go up the stairs, on the left on the top floor there is a hole in the wall.
38) After you opened the door with the R rune, run under the waterfall and crossed the beam ,go right when you see a "fence".
39) Near the M runed door, can't miss.
40) Tunnel after the M rune door, can't miss.
41) Follow the path until you can either go left(hell bridge) or right, go right where the stairs are.
42) While on the bridge go in the opposite direction of hell gate.
43) After you alligned the door from the bridge, enter it, on the right.
44) After 43 go up the tower to the higher level possible.
Congratulations! You have now collected all the lorestone and unlocked the Achievements!