Before you play the Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Your palace is the first thing you should build, as I recall. It feels really strange because it's a massive white building you build before anything else, this building can support (oversee) a certain number of farmers, so build about 6 farmhouses near the nile, and a bread shop as well as all of the basic (not luxury) shops.
- Noble mansions control more farmers after your initial palace building.
- The game's really "physical", meaning you need a certain amount of raw materials to build anything, food to keep people alive and so on, similar to Banished. This game is basically Banished in ancient Egypt.
- It's all about ratios of things. A certain population needs a certain amount of shops and luxury shops, a certain number of farms needs a certain number of nobles, if you get a lot of nobles you will start to need stuff like dentists and doctors and schools. Everybody needs bread.
- Shops produce the things they sell, you don't need production buildings for luxury goods, there are a few sources of them on the map, so try to place shops near these or just in a central cluster.
- Monuments generate prestige, a resource you can use to open trade routes to get exotic stuff to grow your town with.
- The nile floods sometimes which can destroy buildings, build expensive stuff higher up, it doesn't matter if some shacks get wrecked
- Upgrade the palace for prestige and other crap, I forgot, but it's easy to overlook that you can do this.