Before you play the Ghost Master game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Abilities like Boo's Rattle Chains (low-sound abilities) can cause mortals to go to the location where the ability was used to investigate; if you put another haunter in the same room, it makes it a bit easier to get scares. However, abilities like Thunderclap scare way more than they attract.
- It's a good idea to locate all the trapped haunters before you bind any of the ones you brought with you, then try to free them as soon as possible. That way, you have them available as well as the ones you brought. Also, there are often multiple ways to release a single haunter.
- Don't be afraid to restart a level if you find you picked a haunter that the level lacks fetters for; however, once you get haunters with the Astral Gift ability (or something like that; it makes a gift that mortals like to pick up which can act as a universal fetter) don't be afraid to do just that, but be aware the gift doesn't last forever.
- Quake is a strong ability, but it can affect things in negative ways as well; for instance, in the police station level, it opens all the cells. You should wait to use it there until after you have everyone in the cells completely scared. Tremor doesn't open the cells, and in a few parts of some levels, it's actually necessary to complete the level.
- In the screen where you're choosing which haunters to take with you for a level, keep in mind that the same ability can cost different amounts of plasm to use on different haunters; the further to the right the tab is, the more the abilities cost to use. Cogjammer and Boo continue to be fairly useful through a good part of the game.
- Always see what the game recommends. For the most part, those are probably the best haunters to use on that level, but there a few levels where they're not (It's almost always a good idea to use Boo, because Rattle Chains is just so useful).