Before you play the Breath Of Fire IV game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Combos are really, really great. Valid combos are really easy to figure out, but they may not always chain. That’s simply the nature of it for a good while. It’s been a long time, but I remember using it most often to spread buffs around the entire party or add a bit of healing to moves like Focus.
- Ryu’s dragon forms tend to have awesome things for ending combos. Breath attacks in particular. As for the dragon forms themselves, the elemental forms get upgrades at certain Game Point breakpoints. I don’t remember the values, but the first eligible dragon form you use after reaching a breakpoint is automatically upgraded. I don’t think it’s possible to waste upgrades.
- BoF3’s Observe command has been combined with defending in BoF4. So any move in blue text has a chance to be learned by any active party members guarding at the time. This includes select abilities from Ryu’s dragon forms.
- Finally, remember that your party acts in the order you issue commands. Pretty much only important for making combos simpler and allowing you to drop a party heal or something at the end of a round.
- There’s a lot of useless monster skills that serve no purpose. This is especially true in the beginning of the game.
- During the water well dream sequence you can learn some decent monster skills earlier than usual.
- Monsters skills that you learn are also buffs, your character just needs to be defending when they do these.
- If you miss a monster skill they will typically be back in a dungeon or two.
- It will be a long time before you unlock your second Master.
- Most of the hidden paths on the map are for fishing spots.
- Fishing isn’t too necessary, but the fish sell for good money and can replenish your SP.
Recommended for You
- None Found