How to Change Save Files Difficulty
For some reason in Yakuza 3 & 4, after you beat the story and start Premium Adventure the difficulty is automatically changed to Normal. So you can use this guide to play Premium Adventure on any difficulty you want (or whatever reason you want to change the difficulty for). This should also work for Yakuza 3 btw.
What You’ll Need
- You will need a hex editing program. A good free one you should use is HxD.
- You will also need a Yakuza 4 save file.
- Find your games save files. They should be at:
C:Program Files (x86)Steamuserdata(your steam ID)1105500remoteIt should look like savegame1.sav.
You should make a backup just in case something goes wrong.
- Open up the save file by right-clicking on it then clicking on Open with
- When prompted Choose HxD Hex Editor (If its not there click on “Look for another app on this PC” and find HxD).
Once its open change the 2 selected bits to:
- 00 00 = Easy
- 01 01 = Normal
- 02 02 = Hard
- 03 03 = Legend/Ex-Hard
- Save your changes and boot up your game. You can go to any Hideout and select Stats to check your difficulty.