Frequently Asked Questions
Please find below a whole host of questions asked and answered to provide you with the information you might need to enjoy or better understand Lawn Mowing Simulator, Technical Issues/Questions or more.
About The Game
What is Lawn Mowing Simulator?
- Lawn Mowing Simulator is the only simulator that allows you to ride an authentic and expansive roster of real-world licensed lawn mowers from prestigious manufacturers; Toro, SCAG and STIGA as you manage your mowing business. You will complete contracts, hire employees, expand your headquarters, and more
What game modes are in Lawn Mowing Simulator?
- Lawn Mowing Simulator features three game modes:
You will build a business from the ground up, taking contracts as you work through a calendar year, whilst expanding your business and garage. You’ll eventually hire employees, take on bigger and better jobs, pay loans, pursue advertising opportunities and build the lawncare business of your dreams.
Take on tasks to prove your mowing prowess and skill with unique tricky conditions that must be met. Mowing efficiently with limited amounts of fuel, racing against the clock under strict time-limits or striping a large lawn are all challenges that you will encounter in this mode.
Tied to Career progression, Free Mow allows you to repeat any contract with any mower of your choice with your own cut height, weather and more. In this mode you’re free to try things your way without any repercussions or just to re-mow your favourite location.
What vehicles are in the game?
- There are twelve vehicles in the game split into two categories; 9 Real-World Mowers and 3 Fictional Brand Mowers. Our real-world mowers come from prestigious manufacturers SCAG, STIGA and TORO.
How long is Lawn Mowing Simulator?
- Alone, Career Mode completion could likely clock in at around 25-30 hours (although is endless and loops around with contracts) depending on how you play, when you factor in the potential of time for Challenge Mow, Achievements and Free Mow, it could be well over 50+ hours although playtime varies lots per player, we’re confident that there’s plenty of content here for you to mow!
Who are Skyhook Games?
- Skyhook Games are a studio of veteran simulator developers who have worked contractually for years with Dovetail Games on Train Sim World. Lawn Mowing Simulator is their first foray into creating their own title.
Will there be any DLC for Lawn Mowing Simulator?
- Currently we’re scoping out what the near and far future is going to look like for Lawn Mowing Simulator – be that mowers, locations or full brand-new features, but rest assured that launch is just the beginning of this journey, and we hope you join us as we make the definitive Lawn Mowing Simulator game – we’ll have more to announce soon!
What kinds of locations can I mow?
- Lawn Mowing Simulator is set in a fictional British countryside town inspired by real world locations. You can expect to mow fields, parks, residential streets, castles, manors and more as you build your mowing business from the ground up.
Is there a weather system in the game?
- Lawn Mowing Simulator uses a real-world weather model based on scientific data gathered in the United Kingdom to give close to accurate day-to-day weather based on the calendar months. Sun, Clouds, and Rain will all be extra forces you must contend with when mowing.
Can I change my currency to Dollars or other currencies?
- Lawn Mowing Simulator is set in the United Kingdom and as such does not support
I keep churning up the grass easily/damaging the ground:
- When Mowing you need to be aware of the rain and weather conditions as well as your speed, when turning, make sure you’re turning gently, and be gentle with the acceleration of the vehicle on delicate ground.
Is there Multiplayer?
- Lawn Mowing Simulator is a Single Player game at its heart, and this is our focus for the time being. We are actively looking into what form Multiplayer could take in the future, but this is a big task for us.
What platforms is the game available on?
- The game is available on PC and Xbox Series X|S.
Does the game support HDR?
- The game currently does not support HDR, but is something we hope to support in the future.
Does the game support Ultrawide support or Multi-monitor support?
- Currently we do not support Ultrawide Monitor resolutions but are aiming to include support as soon as possible. Regarding Mult-monitor support, this would likely be further away, but is something we hope to support one day.
I’m finding it difficult to play with Keyboard and Mouse
- Lawn Mowing Simulator was primarily developed with controller and wheel support in mind, this is due to the analog control that these input methods offer. If you’re finding it difficult to play with mouse and keyboard we advise adjusting sensitivities and making sure you turn gently and so on.
I am struggling with Motion Sickness, how can I improve this?
- Please try turning off Motion Blur and increasing your Field of View in the options menu.
What are the Minimum System Requirements?
- OS: Windows 10 x64
- Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ (2 Cores @ 2.8GHz)/AMD FX-9590 (8 Cores @ 4.7GHz) or equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB)/AMD Radeon R9 390X (8GB)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 20 GB available space
- Additional Notes: 30 FPS+ @ Low 1080p
What are the Recommended System Requirements?
- OS: Windows 10 x64
- Processor: Intel Core i7-6950X (10 Cores @ 3.0GHz)/AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8 Cores @ 3.4GHz) or equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (6GB)/AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (8GB)
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 20 GB available space
- Additional Notes: 60 FPS+ @ High 1080p
Can I play Lawn Mowing Simulator using a Controller?
- Yes, we recommend playing with a controller over Keyboard and Mouse due to the analog control that it offers you. We support a wide range of controllers via Steam hardware support.
Can I play Lawn Mowing Simulator using a Wheel?
- Yes! We support a range of wheels, and are constantly looking to improve the number of peripherals that we support. Please check the following thread for more information.
What languages are supported in the game?
- The following languages are supported:
English, French, German, Spanish, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
How can I change the language?
- Please navigate to the Options and the top option will allow you to change language.
How can I update the game?
- Right click on Lawn Mowing Simulator in your Library
- Click on “properties”
- Then on “updates”
- And select “Always keep this game updated”.
- Restart Steam
On Xbox Series:
- Launch the console to the Xbox Home.
- Navigate to “My Games & Apps” and locate the title.
- Highlight Lawn Mowing Simulator’s tile and press the Menu button.
- Navigate to “Manage Game and Add-ons” then select ”File Info” in the left menu.
- Observe the line of text along the top of the pop up,
- This should read as:
Is there mod-support?
- Currently there is no mod-support for Lawn Mowing Simulator, but we hope one day to be able to support this.
Can I play the game on NVIDIA GEFORCE NOW?
- At this moment in time we don’t support NVIDIA GEFORCE NOW.
Do you support Steam Cloud Saving?
- Currently we don’t support Steam Cloud Saving but will aim to add it soon. In the mean time, your save data can manually be found in:
C:UsersYourUsernameAppDataLocalLowCurve DigitalLawn Mowing Simulator
Be the first to comment