Before you play the SaGa Frontier game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Your HP are restored at the conclusion of every fight. WP and JP are not, and neither are LP. You can restore them at an inn or by using a SanctuaryStone. There are a couple free inns in the game-Shrike has one at the location called “Street.”
- If you are defeated during the confrontation with Blue’s brother, don’t reset the game right away. Instead, watch what happens.
- Asellus will, at some point in her story, acquire mystic abilities. Choosing whether or not to make use of them will determine what ending you get for her story (though technically, due to a bug, MysticGlove is safe to use no matter what ending you’re going for).
- If you are doing the Arcane magic gift quest, try and get the Grail card (in Yorkland) as soon as possible. As you level up, the enemies in the swamp change, and if you arrive too late (at too high a level), you’ll have to fight these squid jerks instead of normal enemies. You don’t want this.
- Human party members will learn new abilities more frequently when circumstances are dire. I’ve heard that they learn abilities faster when battling alongside other humans, too.
- Speaking of new abilities, sword and hand-to-hand moves can only be learned if there is an empty ability slot for them to occupy. A good habit to get into is checking your party’s abilities after every so many battles to make sure everyone’s got room to learn more.
- Speaking further of new abilities, gun abilities and magic learned in battle are awarded after the battle. If you’re mashing buttons while everyone’s showing off their various stat increases, you might miss that someone’s learned a new ability. These abilities aren’t automatically equipped like sword and hand-to-hand skill – ou have to equip them manually.
- If a weapon features an ability called Finalstrike, bewar – sing it will cause an immense amount of damage, but will permanently destroy the weapon.
- T260G’s job in the arena is much easier if you remember that Uncle Taco can fix almost anything. Try visiting him if you have broken items in your inventory.