Before you play the South Park: The Fractured But Whole game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Status effects last a certain number of turns; you can’t stack Bleeding up to five times, as opposed to Stick of Truth.
- You can switch powers around freely between any class you choose. You can talk to the Coon to change your class.
- The combat system is now grid based, so make sure you have at least one power with some range to it. Items are also restricted to a certain area around your character & are no longer a free action (i.e. using an item takes up that teammate’s turn).
- Artifacts increase your Might, so you can dress up however you’d like. Might is a measure of your power.
- Artifacts affect a lot of combat stuff, including the power of status effects, knock back combo damage, team health, critical damage through getting timed hits, and ultimate recharge.
- You can change your team up before battle begins.
- Note that you cannot attack Charmed enemies until the Charm is either broken by another enemy attacking them or it wears off naturally. Not a huge deal, but it’ll waste your time skipping your turns until the last enemy becomes uncharmed if you aren’t aware of it.
- The two story DLCs recommend a Might of 500 before starting, but they’ll scale up with you from there so you won’t be hilariously overpowered if you wait until the postgame to do them.
- Do the story DLCs when they unlock! They become more of a slog the longer you wait, and the teammates and artifacts you unlock carry over to the main game & are very helpful.